Boss 4K

Eliveldman1

Michigan
https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-AR4000D-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B004RS9UTI

I know this **** that this brand gets but what about this amp

Yes it it boss I understand but I dont really need a competition level amp

I have 2 Skar Audio ix-12 subwoofers with a rp350 1d

I’m just not sure that the Skar amp will provide enough power for my subs

If there you have any suggestions on this amp or what amps to get please comment

I’m just starting out so as a 16 year old I don’t have to much money to throw into it but 180 would be my max price

Don't think the boss is the amp you want.

A member here does test on amps and he might have done this one I think. (Didn't do so hot)

Check out Ryan Blankenship I think is his name.

He also sales amps he test.

Also scar makes an rp1500 that last I looked does rated power and is below $180

Jump up to 200-230 range and you have 2k scar, audio pipe, cab 1600, ppi black ice 7k and other amps that do power for cheap.

Some are power hungry tho.

Think soundqubed just came out with a budget line of amp that are priced pretty low also.

I'm sure others will chime in.

So just don't jump on the boss bandwagon right off the bat, look around at other amps 1st.

You could also look at the Soundqubed S1-1250 that's around 179. And the Audiopipe APCL-1800 is also around 180. Skar is not bad and you can do that... Heck I have a Skar RP2000.1d that I need to film for a Dyno vid I'm doing and you can have that for 180...

I didn't do the Armor 4k.. BigDWiz did that one.. I did the Phantom 5000 which did ok wattage wise for the money, but it was built like poop.

If you can't afford a decent amp now, you definitely can't afford to buy a POS that will perform poorly and fail prematurely. Pay now or pay later. Buy a reputable brand in a size you can afford and you can rest easy knowing it will still be functioning and worth something when/if you want to upgrade down the line.

Think about it this way, if they are going to lie to you that their 500W amp will do 4000W what do you suppose that company thinks of you, it's customer? Do you think they care about giving you a good product? Would you expect decent customer service? Please do NOT support any brand that lies about their products.

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-AR4000D-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B004RS9UTII know this **** that this brand gets but what about this amp

If there you have any suggestions on this amp or what amps to get please comment

I’m just starting out so as a 16 year old I don’t have to much money to throw into it but 180 would be my max price
what vc are the subs? if d4 wire each to 2 ohm for 1 ohm load u can get the skar 800.1 for like $139.... if d2 wire each to 4 ohm for a 2 ohm load u can get jbl500 for like $109 blank tested it at over 850rms @2 ohm

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-AR4000D-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B004RS9UTII know this **** that this brand gets but what about this amp

Nothing but a distortion maker BOSS stands for Box Of Sorry $hit ..get a SKAR Audio 1500d ..I’ve seen them on eBay in your price range

I just looked up your Subs... They are 250W Rms, and since you have a pair of dual 2 ohm sub, I would wire in a series and get a 2 ohm stable amp. I think the JBL GTX500 would likely be perfect for you as Gramps mentioned. You can get one on Crutchfield for $99 Shipped.

If you want to spend a little less I have a brand new MTX RT500D here as well for $80.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Eliveldman1

Eliveldman1
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date