Boson Acoustics GT-28 and GT-42 2 channel and 4 channel fan cooled. mount anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlejax
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:Boston GT-28 and GT42

Item(s) Description/Condition:

2. Specs:2-Channel High Current Amplifier

2 ohm Mono Stable

Advanced cooling allows varied mounting positions

Adjustable feet for varied mounting surfaces

Screw-down security cover protects tuning controls

Terminals accept bare heavy-gauge wire

RMS power Rating:

14.4VDC:

250 watts x 2 chan. @ 4 ohms

450 watts x 2 chan. @ 2 ohms

900 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 ohms

1250 watts x 1 chan. @ 2 ohms

12.6VDC:

200 watts x 2 chan. @ 4 ohms

350 watts x 2 chan. @ 2 ohms

700 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 ohms

1100 watts x 1 chan. @ 2 ohms

Adjustable input sensitivity: 0.2 - 5 V

Variable High-Pass Crossover: 20 - 350 Hz (12 dB/Oct)

Variable Low-Pass Crossover: 50 - 350 Hz (24 / 12 dB/Oct)

Variable Q Control: 0.7 - 1.2

Power and Safe LEDs

Recessed rca Inputs allow clearance for tight mounting locations

Optional subwoofer level control not included

Dimensions: 22" L x 9" W x 2-1/2" H

Price:

gt-28 $185 shipped

gt-42 $160 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Echoing what's already been said. The GT-28, as far as I understand, offers dual inputs on power, too. Take that into consideration when you look at what it's "rated" to do.

Jax, you're crazy for selling these and I told you that on DIYMA. Hope they go to the right buyer if you do end up unloading them.

at this moment I am actually leaning on keeping these and selling the Soundstreams. Thought about some carbon fiber skin on the tops of these Bostons or something to pretty them up.

thing people need to realize is that these babies are desgined to mount anywhere. you can stack them or whatever. they have dual fans and can pretty stay cool no matter what. another plus.

only thing I am worried about is having the electrical to power them and get the most out of them.

that is why I am looking at selling all of them and going a different rout my amp tech is running. top secret. cant tell anyone..lol

look for a mint rubicon 1002 usa made and a reference 500sx USA made soon to be posted

at this moment I am actually leaning on keeping these and selling the Soundstreams. Thought about some carbon fiber skin on the tops of these Bostons or something to pretty them up.
thing people need to realize is that these babies are desgined to mount anywhere. you can stack them or whatever. they have dual fans and can pretty stay cool no matter what. another plus.

only thing I am worried about is having the electrical to power them and get the most out of them.

that is why I am looking at selling all of them and going a different rout my amp tech is running. top secret. cant tell anyone..lol

look for a mint rubicon 1002 usa made and a reference 500sx USA made soon to be posted
Mmmm rubie. I understand your concerns about electrical. The smaller GT amps don't require as stout electrical as the larger ones. That 2125 does a ton on just 40A of fusing and that's why I keep it in my lineup. Either of these would be a great amp on subs, but they EXCEL on midbass or passive components.

Not sure about the gt-42 but that gt-28 if I recall also has an internal input for a 3rd cooling fan that can be added for when running it really hard or at really low impedance loads...just an fyi people....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

offers considered here peeps

gt42 has what looks like a drill mark. thats what made me think vinyl cover to custom it. I may even have enough on hand to cover it up with carbon fiber look. anyhow.

make offers on them. would like to sell them together. will cost buyer and seller less that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ****. Just last night i was itching to swap my amps out for these exact amps. This is the best price ive found so far. Short on funds atm but may consider one or both when i get paid. These should sell quick. GLWS

replied to you via pm...

would like to sell these to same person. I also have 2 new in box Knu Concept distrobution blocks I can add to this deal

I am trying to pay you through Paypal for the GT - 28 and it is not working. I don't know if your settings need to be changed to accept it or what.

I just replied. Never ever had an issue before. Check the pm to make sure I gave you right Addie.

I have no idea how to prevent a payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...