Bose: replace sub with aftermarket?

Participant count
  • Participant list

billabongcr
5,000+ posts

Yep
Florida
The Bose system in my Escalade is an infection. I need more bump, but as I've stated in previous threads with no luck on answers...I don't want to do a complete system in the back for fear of losing the functionality of electronics on the truck. I've done other research, but I can't find an exact answer.

So I'm trying to think around this. Is it possible to interface an aftermarket woofer and amp in the stock Bose location? Unplug stock amp and uninstall stock woofer, drop in something of the same size/dimentions into the stock box, wire it up with the same wiring it was wired with before and have everything work correctly?

I haven't snooped around my truck yet. I'm assuming the stock sub is a 10. I've heard Bose woofers come in 8 10 and 12? Does anyone know what they put in 03 Cadillac Escalades?

Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine has a KIA Soul with the same Bose Speakers. He replaced them with after market audio equipment with ease

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.