BoogerMan's 12k Crossfire build in a 1998 Toyota T100 SR5

Branch circuit fuses

Id use industrial stuff for distribution. its made for such applications just one of many sites. you gonna need bussbars use copper. and use the copper ring terminals.

BURNDY 2-1/0 and 2-2/0 AWG Mechanical Grounding Connector-KC25R - The Home Depot for your grounds.. the more the better!

Blackburn 3/0 Stranded to #4 Stranded Type-BC Single Conductor 1-Hole Mount Wire Connector (Case of 5)-BTC3104-B2-5 - The Home Depot

these are a screw-set compression lug! best designs Ive ever seen and the only ones i use on power distrobution. Its a set screw that doesn't damage the copper and its a copper on copper connection. you cant see it but its actually 2 pieces there is the houseing and hen the terminal the terminal section moves within the housing so you put the wire between the terminal and housing its the screw tightens on the terminal instead of the wire itself. crimping is a thing of the past..

Last edited by a moderator:
Look what came in the mail today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Can't wait to start playing with this bad boy!

1619f07e0a0a29dfb60f04369a1a4b49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Def! I love mine, one of my fav purchases of my entire system :p

I just finished an 8 12's 4th with C7's, so must be Crossfire month lol
I'm guessing you'll have to shrink the opening into the cabin as it's 400^2 of area and with a V config firing at the opening I doubt your subs will want that much. The 8 12's I did is around 325^2 as that's what tested best for 25-50hz passband.

And I agree that mid 50's shouldn't be a problem as those are strong subs....
It really must be crossfire month! I'm going to be working on a new build pretty soon for an s10. So far looking at getting 2 crossfire 15" xs v3 on crossfire 8k

Thanks for the info @papermaker.

Haha yeah it must be crossfire month!

Thanks @Inter007. The Camry was my first full build and I learned a ton from it. I'm hoping my truck turns out even better!

[quote name='BoogerMan']Thanks for the info @papermaker.

Haha yeah it must be crossfire month!

Thanks @Inter007. The Camry was my first full build and I learned a ton from it. I'm hoping my truck turns out even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yea man it's an awesome build especially for it being your first build. I actually referred one of my teammates to that thread since he's working on a trunk build on the same model car but a 2013. I told him to look through it since he is literally completely new to audio but wants to learn. Since it's a similar car I told him to look to get an idea more or less of what he's going to have to do. He's loved it so far especially with all the pics and details

Yea man it's an awesome build especially for it being your first build. I actually referred one of my teammates to that thread since he's working on a trunk build on the same model car but a 2013. I told him to look through it since he is literally completely new to audio but wants to learn. Since it's a similar car I told him to look to get an idea more or less of what he's going to have to do. He's loved it so far especially with all the pics and details
That's awesome man! I'm really glad it is helping others out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Booger you should do a cap Bank in line with each amp. They are much better now n days cost about the same as the batteries and will overall stabilize your voltage better.. just one big battery and 4 cap Banks one per amp imo would be the best option.

Booger you should do a cap Bank in line with each amp. They are much better now n days cost about the same as the batteries and will overall stabilize your voltage better.. just one big battery and 4 cap Banks one per amp imo would be the best option.
Have you ever used caps yourself? Or are you just suggesting something you never used? Because caps are best for burps or 20-30second runs...12v lithium batts are good if you wanna make power down at 10v-9v... Alternator power and some battery reserve is where it's at for long demos.

Have you ever used caps yourself? Or are you just suggesting something you never used? Because caps are best for burps or 20-30second runs...12v lithium batts are good if you wanna make power down at 10v-9v... Alternator power and some battery reserve is where it's at for long demos.
If I don't go high voltage by the time this battery bank dies, I think I'm going to contact Maxwell and see what kind of huge bulk order I can get (enough to fill the back of my truck completely, lol)

I get what you're saying though. Alternator is most important for parking and pounding.

With the batteries I have though, I think it would be tough for me to drop below 12v with the truck running even after wiring all the 7k's to .5 daily

If you have enough Reserve capacity it doesn't matter about discharge rate when it comes to caps

[quote name='mlstrass']Vehicle is a green/gold metallic jeep so the vinyl matched perfect. 2nd pic is testing the LED's.....

13295162_10208458262947430_714518317_n.jpg

13295330_10208451169130089_1043029952_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love the inside of that box! Looks so clean. Icy cold! Very well done!

@papermaker, I can get g31 Dekas for about $100 each so I'm just going to get as many of those as I can fit. No cap banks this first go around. Maybe next time though.

Had a buddy send me some pics of the subs I'll be getting. Mine will have a blue logo instead of red though. Mmmmmmmm

7c83e4f2f5c8c31dafe57a1d9bb578c5.jpg

c5dbc0d9dc6006e82255bb5c891e1b64.jpg

1558d24b397644ae339ca96c0bd917cd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.