Bolts for terminals and how to wire for switching ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list
They are two Sundown SA 12's 4ohmDVC by the way. I would really like to only have 4 bolts. Just wondering how I could switch it from 4 ohms to 1 ohms. Still a little confused on the wiring. Can I just use jumpers from one bolt to the other? Sorry guys

You'll need 4 bolts. Wire each set of coils in parallel to each set of bolts. Then, run jumpers from negative to negative and positive to positive for 1Ω and run a jumper from one negative to the other positive for 4Ω.

You'll need 4 bolts. Wire each set of coils in parallel to each set of bolts. Then, run jumpers from negative to negative and positive to positive for 1Ω and run a jumper from one negative to the other positive for 4Ω.
Thanks, this is making more sense now. So I wire both subs in parallel on the inside of the box, correct? And then if I want 4 ohms I use only one jumper wire to connect a positive and a negative on the outside of the box? 1 ohm is pretty self explanatory just confused on the 4 ohms so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again

Thanks, this is making more sense now. So I wire both subs in parallel on the inside of the box, correct? And then if I want 4 ohms I use only one jumper wire to connect a positive and a negative on the outside of the box? 1 ohm is pretty self explanatory just confused on the 4 ohms so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again
Nope, that's correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.