Bolt-on's for '04 WRX

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif Get One Of Those Huge Carbon Fiber Wing Kits>>> Those Are Atleast 15 Horses Right There.. And Make Shure Your Exhaust Is Loud,, So That When You Drive By Someone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif

correct me if im wrong but i believe the STI has a completely different engine. its not the same as the wrx. i could be wrong but im pretty sure im right.
i do believe your correct. the STI has the 2.5 and the wrx i think has the 2.0. on top of that, the only thing that the sti and the wrx share are the chassis pretty much, totally different suspension, reworked interior, different body kit, so on and so on.

your right.....WRX has the 2.0 and sti i believe has a 2.5 the sti motor wise is a 2.5 turbo edition of the 2.5 rs. always buy the cheaper car with the bigger engine and turbo it yourself...not only do u save money but u make more power.

your right.....WRX has the 2.0 and sti i believe has a 2.5 the sti motor wise is a 2.5 turbo edition of the 2.5 rs. always buy the cheaper car with the bigger engine and turbo it yourself...not only do u save money but u make more power.
And blow the motor up in half the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif

The 2.5 sti block is a semi-closed deck (just means its a lot beefier than a normal 2.5 block), and it has variable exhaust valve timing.

I didnt read the whole thread, but the best start is a TurboXS UTEC + turboback exhaust. Should net you about 270hp to the wheels.

After doin more resaerch that is probably the direction i will take. except i will, most likely go with the Cobb AccessPORT, instead of the UTEC. Only because I like the ability to simply download maps direct from cobb.

puta 20 ft wing on it (need alot of downforce with all that rice power) and some white 17s with ruberband tires, cold air intake cuz horse power means everything (but us non ricers know its not ALL about hp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif) ummm dont get a carbon fiber hood, just paint it black. make your own body kit out of card board and fiberglass, OOOO you need loud exhaust that sounds like a bumble be, all ricers do it so why not? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif NAWZ stickers, 20hp per sticker.....carbon fiber dash peices add tons of horse power and tourqe.

After doin more resaerch that is probably the direction i will take. except i will, most likely go with the Cobb AccessPORT, instead of the UTEC. Only because I like the ability to simply download maps direct from cobb.
I do not know how similar the performance increase to the Cobb AP compared to the UTEC is, but on the STi a lot of AP users are reporting little or no gain in HP at all, only an increase in throttle response while the UTEC provides substantial gains in all departments except fuel economy.

The UTEC also comes with pre-defined maps that you can just plug in and use. It just allows the benefit of programmability if you want to squeeze those last few drops of performance from the motor.

Also, the AP is a refkash kit, UTEC is a piggyback. Each have their benefits. Reflash doesnt need an install, but you can only flash an ECU about 150 times before it loses its memory. (But 150 is still more than enough). UTEC is piggy back, so you need to pull up the carpet, and plug it into the existing ecu. The downside to this, is that you can usually tell where the UTEC takes over control from the stock ECU via a slight hesitation.

I've heard form many that the UTEC is mostly for tuners that are planning on more serious upgrading (turbos and such) and that the AP is good for lighter tuning. I have ehard from various wrx owners that the AP has a dramatic effect on the performance of thier ride.

puta 20 ft wing on it (need alot of downforce with all that rice power) and some white 17s with ruberband tires, cold air intake cuz horse power means everything (but us non ricers know its not ALL about hp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif) ummm dont get a carbon fiber hood, just paint it black. make your own body kit out of card board and fiberglass, OOOO you need loud exhaust that sounds like a bumble be, all ricers do it so why not? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif NAWZ stickers, 20hp per sticker.....carbon fiber dash peices add tons of horse power and tourqe.
Ok I know you didnt just call the WRX a ricer (Tackly looks and no go) cuz Ill drop by any time with my 320WHP 04 wagon. Any way to the person who started this thread it seems like you know alot more about this car than do most people in this forum. I like the path you have choosen (cobb) that is what I started with just the AP itself is a great boost in performance. then I went with a strumung DP and borla hush catback and kept only the 3rd cat like you are doing. I didnt have any troubles passing emissions in Louisiana, but I would check out what the laws are were you live. anyway after the exhaust upgrade there was a tremendouse increase in TQ plus about 285 peak horsepower. this was actually my favorite set up because of the streetability but of corse I was not satisfied there so I went with the Cobb stage 2.5 inclusing a larger IHI vf34 turbo and fuel systemplus I got a crucial racing UP wich I would highly recomend. The car is hella fast now but I lost alittle low end torqe. but I would say go with COBB get some cobination of of a turbo back exhaust and UP. you wont be disapointed. and by the way I would look at forums such as wrxfanatics.com or nasioc.com for Qs about your rex. Hope your happy with whatever steup you choose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.