BMW 6 Series - 2017 - Harmon Kardon - rubbish sound, want it more like my current car!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

briansy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, I am test driving 2017 BMWs currently and have found a beauty. I tested out my Frank Sinatra CD on the sound system today as when I put in that CD into my 2004 Volvo S60 SE 2.0T the sound is loud, incredibly crisp and clear. The Harmon Kardon feels very muffled and crap by comparison - it tends to handle modern hip hop stuff better. Now the question is: why is this? Is it the physical dimensions of the Volvo and where the speakers are situated which are determining the clarity of the sound or is it really just the quality of the speakers themselves and a case of: they don't make em like they used to?! I hear audiophiles talk about actually programming how the sound eminates from the CD player, radio etc as well which is a kind of programming / tuning / callobration thing of the packets of sound or something?

Thoughts?

Music I like: Classical, Jazz, Crooners singing the classics, eighties tunes, occasionally some house and disco also.

did you play with the audio settings and see if you could make it sound better? tuning is huge

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...