Blvd Customs - Mercedes GLK 350

1)Brabus

2)yours

3)wtf were they thinking

4) wtf were they thinking

yours looks more custom but looks too Hood Rich for me too drive.....and also probably too expensive for me too buy

Exactly how the hell do you figure that a custom fabricated Tub for the area behind the seats, the chopped top with hand made cover, removal of the window systems and reworking of the entire inadrs of the doors, the reworked windshield are not custom?
it is not only a mod, these items are hand made not mass produced or bought off a shelf and added on. these took tons of man hours and creativity and design planning to make sure they were right.

you say the only noticable mods is the chopped top, the first time I saw this I could point out multiple cnahges to what was once a different vehicle.

Customization is NOT always drastic changes like you referred to in an ealier post, those cars that you speak of are now fewer and further between.

some of the best custom is when you have to wonder if it was like that or if someone made it that way.
Couldnt have said it better.

is this the almighty famous spike speaking on behalf of BLVD customs of st pete?
No, Spike is out promoting the vehicle in his own way.

We both appreciate the kind words from those who can tell that hundreds of man hours were spent sculpting every detail of this vehicle to make it "custom," but also make it look like it could have come off the showroom floor that way.

I, for one, think the car is stunning. Has anyone here seen a picture of the original? They look nothing alike! Admittedly, the large rims and swagger stance are not for everyone...but as others have said, they certainly don't take away from the unreal modifications and seamless integration.

Do you have details of how you molded 13.5s in the doors? I would love to hear this car...

its a mod but still not custom. its one fabrication out of many that could have been done. the only noticeable mod is the top chopped i digg it but the car isnt all that mush custom. custom interior but everything else looks plain
Why don't you please post your stellar "custom" rides then! I mean, you have to be kidding me right! If you don't think this is custom, then you are to retarded to respond to anymore.

Enjoy riding around in your custom Sunbird POS or whatever else hood rich ride you have..........which I am sure is **** as well. Your a POS and this site was honestly a lot better without the nonsense you spill onto your keyboard.

Now go take your best friend in your fleshlight and go to town some more.

1)Brabus2)yours

3)wtf were they thinking

4) wtf were they thinking

yours looks more custom but looks too Hood Rich for me too drive.....and also probably too expensive for me too buy
Isn't my bag either, but a lot of creative work went into it and craftsmanship. I can respect that! It is also a concept ride and most concept rides never look that good......IMO.

I agree it is fugly and I would never drive it...however, I think you guys nailed the concept and the fab work is amazing. tons of creativity. I think you guys did the best out of the 4 by far.

I, for one, think the car is stunning. Has anyone here seen a picture of the original? They look nothing alike! Admittedly, the large rims and swagger stance are not for everyone...but as others have said, they certainly don't take away from the unreal modifications and seamless integration.
Do you have details of how you molded 13.5s in the doors? I would love to hear this car...
DSC07450.jpg

The doors were sealed with cardboard and tape to make a bowl shape where the fiberglass would not get caught under the lip of the inside edge.

DSC07452.jpg

Here the fiberglass mat is glued to the tape to get the flatted mold possible

http://www.dupontregistry.com/blvd/photos/build/full/DSC07458.jpg

Resin added

DSC07535.jpg

Sub ring mounted with wood spacers, and then wrapped in fleece and resined again.

DSC01338.jpg

Ring for midbass attached with spacers and wrapped in. The enclosure is mounted to the door with riv-nuts and bolts.

(Multiply by 4)

If you find yourself in the Tampa Bay area after Xmas, stop by. By then it will be back in our lobby where Mercedes has said we can keep it for 2 years.

Interesting design. I have likes and dislikes. My main dislikes are that for the size of the vehicle, the body looks way too big. The rear and the front especially. It's something you would see on a larger sized vehicle, like an Escalade for example.

The mesh grills on the front bumper/fenders are a little too tall. THe bottom center one is decent, but the large grill is up too high in my opinion. What adds to it, is the short windshield (height-wise).

The rear is not as bad but the bumper seems to be too low, and again, the mesh grills are a little too tall.

The side of the vehicle looks pretty good. I like it.

Another thing about the front is where the bumper meets the headlight. There is a rough edge and although the rest of the vehicle is sort of a boxy shape, this one edge by the headlight looks awkward, especially the way it looks at that angle, kinda makes the headlight look weird.

I wouldn't say the vehicle looks bad, but it doesn't look as good as it can.

I think maybe if the rims size was an inch less and/or the tire had a bit more rubber, it would nail the stance. Other than that, the rims look great. They sorta look like the Ray's Engineering rims for the G35's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.