Bluetooth Installation

Braeden2292

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Hi, I just recently got a new car. Upon ttying to play music on the speakers through my phone, I found out that there is no bluetooth nor an AUX port. I saw that BeatBuy Geeksquad is able to do bluetooth and/or AUX port installations, but I have a few questions. One, in order to have bluetooth installed, would I need to have an AUX port installed initially, or could I go straight to bluetooth? And two, if I can get bluetooth installed in some way, shape or form, what installation kit should I buy? Thanks for any help!

Hi, I just recently got a new car. Upon ttying to play music on the speakers through my phone, I found out that there is no bluetooth nor an AUX port. I saw that BeatBuy Geeksquad is able to do bluetooth and/or AUX port installations, but I have a few questions. One, in order to have bluetooth installed, would I need to have an AUX port installed initially, or could I go straight to bluetooth? And two, if I can get bluetooth installed in some way, shape or form, what installation kit should I buy? Thanks for any help!
just buy a new head unit completely. You'll get better features and sound quality by far and way less headaches compared to your current plan.

This is the way to go .. your ears will thank you....

just buy a new head unit completely. You'll get better features and sound quality by far and way less headaches compared to your current plan.
So the current screen that is in the car and all of the audio controls are built into the center console. I don’t know if this would cause any issues with the install or not, but I’ll include a picture. Also, if you think it would
2954F3C2-32B7-470C-88DD-792343EF1BF6.png
be possible with my configuration which head unit would you recommend?

So the current screen that is in the car and all of the audio controls are built into the center console. I don’t know if this would cause any issues with the install or not, but I’ll include a picture. Also, if you think it wouldView attachment 20011 be possible with my configuration which head unit would you recommend?
Go to crutchfield.com select a head unit. Enter your car make and model, they'll have a whole dash adapter kit that will keep all the major AC functions etc while allowing you to mount a radio. Your dash isnt the worse dash ive seen, it can definitely be done.

His best bet might be Dayton and bypass the HU.
You need to factor in that hes not using an amp and the dayton is just signal. It requires a full system install to be beneficial. Just adding a dayton dsp alone will get you crickets out of your system with no power. He will also need to run dedicated power and speaker wires along with a 4 channel amp and the cost of the dsp. His 100 dollar and 1 hour install solution just turned into a 450 dollar 4 hour solution

Yeah I don’t really know what a dash kit is, but I didnt see anything that looked like it could be one or said it was one. I did find something though, an equalizer. It says that it has bluetooth audio streaming. Do you think that might be an option?
A dash kit allows you to install an aftermarket radio in the dash but as far as I can tell th here isn't one available for your vehicle. Having best buy do it may be the best option . If you add add an eq or dsp with USB options you'd have to basically rewire everything to make it work . And possibly add more equipment

Unless you're gonna do it yourself, best option at this point without spending a ton of money on gear is to just get an Aux installed. It's not going to win any hearts and minds around here but it will get you what you're looking for.

I would head over to https://www.sb9t.com/ and check out some of the threads they have over there on it. Seems aftermarket is non-existant and any aftermarket head units require a lot of money and work in that particular car.

This specific post will help you if you decide to do it yourself: https://www.sb9t.com/forums/12-i-c-e-security/777-auxillary-audio-jack-2.html#post10555

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.