Bluetooth Audio Question Please Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

powder21

Hi. I was planning on getting a deck with an aux input plus bluetooth and using an mp3 player through the aux input and the bluetooth only for hands free calling. However, I am getting a new phone and I've been looking into the new enV2 which has stereo bluetooth capabilities (as do many other phones).

I would like to be able to forget about the mp3 player and just stream my music from my phone to the car, but also still be able to use the hands-free calling feature preferably capable of automatically lowering the volume when a call comes in. I'm wondering if just any deck with bluetooth will handle this or if I have to get some really expensive deck.

Before I decide to shell out the extra cash to get the env2 instead of something else I want to make sure that I'll be able to accomplish my goal without spending more than $150 or so (I can go a little higher) on the deck later. Please help as I am getting close to the deadline for picking a phone.

Thanks much.

-Ryan

P.S. If I go with a phone without stereo bluetooth (just regular bluetooth) and then plug it in to the aux output on a deck that has bluetooth like I would've done with an mp3 player, would the bluetooth hands-free calling take precedence over the cable or when a call came in would it just go through the cable and blast over the speakers at whatever volume I have them set on?

it will cost u more then that. I owuld suggest a pioneer 7000bt. pretty cheap right now, but comes out with full bluetooth and allows for blutooth audio streeming. Look into pioneer for the cheapest and best bluetooth thats already integrated. There is also a sony bt unit in ur range its like the mex-####bt its also built in bluetooth but its not good quality. the mic is actually behind the faceplate. I say pioneer for the cheapest price for what u get. hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion...appreciate it. Someone told me to make sure that the deck can support A2DP but now I was hoping to find out which one has the best quality for little price which you just told me...any other suggestions from others is also welcomed...can never hear to many opinions.

Also, if anyone has an answer to the other question, I'd appreciate it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.