blu-ray, hd dvd, what to get?

wp7456
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
orlando
Do all normal DVD's these days play in standard definition? If they do, can I play hd dvd's in my xbox 360?

I am looking to get some high def. DVD's and wondering the best way to do it. Get a blu-ray disc player? If that's the best route any suggestions on which one to get?

dont need one since I have the 360. Otherwise I would. I will prob. get the $300 sony one for $200 on friday.

Get a PS3.
X2, Hd dvd=Fail. they dont even sell them anymore. They sent out rebate checks to people who fell for hddvd. The ps3 is better than any bluray player because you can update it, and it will give you something to play when your 360 craps out.

blu-ray trumped hd dvd as the new standard. in a year or so you will not even be able to buy hd dvd players. I don't think there are even new titles being made on hd dvd.

whoa wait if I play a normal dvd in any blu-ray, it will convert it to 1080p?
most of them do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif some upconvert to 1080i just have to look at the box of the blue ray, id suggest getting one that does 1080p

sick... okay so I think I know which player to get, where do you all get your discs from? Is ebay legit? $20 a disc isn't so bad but when you start getting a lot of them it adds up.

well okay i really dont need the ps3... maybe later on down the road, but where do you guys primarily get your discs from?

well okay i really dont need the ps3... maybe later on down the road, but where do you guys primarily get your discs from?
the PS3 is the way to go, not because of the gaming but because of the ease of use. Most BR players are not fully updated. the PS3 player is the front runner, plus if you need any updates its a quick download.

and of course God of War III comes out in March so the PS3 is the way to go:D

just watched my first Blu-ray movie and it was pretty sick. watched Transformers, the picture looked awesome and the sound was great as well.

oh, and i used my shiny new PS3. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.