blown fuse...please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

$IMMON$
10+ year member

hey guys... ive wired up my amp and sub with a stock HU..and they work great when i tested it....

only trouble is that when i was wiring my turn on lead i blew a fuse(maybe arched 2 wires together accidently???)

Im driving a 4 door hatchback and there is a 120W 12V power outlet in the trunk that i was trying to get the remote turn-on to the wires behine it. I swapped the fuse in the panel uner the steering wheel with the cigarette lighter fuse from the front of the car...and NOTHING...it still doesnt work so its more than just the fuse

so with all that work ive done ive really messed it up now boys..any sugestions? could it be the power outlet unit that needs replaceing? is that even possible?

thanks guys

wow, very informative...

Is this 12V source that you are using switched with the key (ie, not on continuously, if you wire the amp to a constant 12V source it will drain your battery).

Did the new fuse that you put in blow as well?

this is a power source that only turns on with the car on...i had already checked that before i tried to wire in...

i just swapped another fuse from my fuse box to test out the power source and when i put a good fuse in there was still no power running to the outlet when i plug an accesory into it. i am thinking that the wires arched together when i touched the turn-on wire to it and blew the fuse....Is it possible that the actual outlet itself needs replacing? or is there another way i can test this?...i think i am going to bring it in somwhere tomorrow and just see what they think about there being some sort of damage to the actual outlet. other wise what could the problem be with the lack of power???

also, i dont know if you guys have ever seen the wiring or are familiar with the back of these poer outets(same as cigarette lighter i assume) but there is what i think wuld be called a wire harness connecting this....is it possible to blow out a wireharness?

if anyone has the answer or any possible suggestions on how to go about fixing anything i would really appreciate it.

thanks guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.