blown coil

I have a blown coil on my DVC, I have two 12" DVC at 2ohm, is there a way to wire the good sub with the other sub with a bad coil so they both work? I checkd the ohms on the bad coil n it reads 0ohms but the rest all say 2ohms. Can I fix the bad coil or wire them all together with out the bad coil?

Im askin wut is the wiring for my good sub to wire to a 2ohm or a 1ohm?
IF each voice coil of your good DVC sub is 2-ohms, then wire them in parallel (VC1+ to VC2+ to amp+; and VC1- to VC1- to amp-) and they will present a 1-ohm load to your amp. IF you want a 2-ohm load to the amp, then only wire one of the voice-coils and leave the other one unconnected. Just keep in mind that one voice-coil of a DVC speaker can only handle half of the speaker's total rated power. If you want more specific info tell me what brand/model sub and what brand/model amp you have.

IF each voice coil of your good DVC sub is 2-ohms, then wire them in parallel (VC1+ to VC2+ to amp+; and VC1- to VC1- to amp-) and they will present a 1-ohm load to your amp. IF you want a 2-ohm load to the amp, then only wire one of the voice-coils and leave the other one unconnected. Just keep in mind that one voice-coil of a DVC speaker can only handle half of the speaker's total rated power. If you want more specific info tell me what brand/model sub and what brand/model amp you have.
Isnt nothin big but the subs are:

Power Acoustik

Model P3-12W

The amp:

Planet Audio

Model AC3000.1D

Isnt nothin big but the subs are:power Acoustik

Model P3-12W

The amp:

Planet Audio

Model AC3000.1D
OK - what I said above still applies. Here is how you wire your good DVC sub to create a 1-ohm load on the amp...
1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Do you have any other questions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.