Blowen amp?? Help

Hazed06
10+ year member

I have hifonix 1000.1 running 2 memphis 12 running at 1ohm.. I know everything is wired right..iv had this hooked up for months with no problems..iv had amp for few years now..i was going down road had everything running wide open(like always) and heard a lil pop and was without bass..the green light on amp is still on..could I have blown this amp?? Iv had it put through worse b4 and its always survived.. Any info would b loved....THANKS

check the connectors on the box. i had the same problem and i actually fried them. the amp and subs were fine i just pulled it out and wired the subs strait to the amp without the contacts for the box. i have a little hole in the box now but its better than not having bass.
And that was a good idea? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

check the connectors on the box. i had the same problem and i actually fried them. the amp and subs were fine i just pulled it out and wired the subs strait to the amp without the contacts for the box. i have a little hole in the box now but its better than not having bass.
Could of just ran em out the port. That is if you run ported. I ended up doing this bc my terminals kept pissin me off.

Sniff your amp. Does it smell like a small electrical fire? If so, don't worry...you had a fet commit hari kari so the fuse wouldn't blow. Your fuses are still fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The amp? Not so much.

Alright well I tryed what was sujested and everything was a no go.... Rechecked all wires, smelled the amp(didnt smell fried), hooked subs to another amp and they worked.. So I guess amp just shot??? Any other suggstions?

sounds like it may be blown. do you have a dmm? you can poke around the inside of the amp and check for continuity. if at one point the dmm isn't beeping when you check, you may have a blown piece of hardware or a broken solder

One more ?....i was messing around 2day and decided 2 hook my subs up to the unused channels on my kicker zx350.4.. But in the process while pluging in my subs I touched the positive and negitive wires together (while car was running) amp went in2 protect mode 4 few sec. And then came back on....now I think I fucked those 2channels up..is that posible?? I checked fuses and they r still good?? please help...

sounds like it may be blown. do you have a dmm? you can poke around the inside of the amp and check for continuity. if at one point the dmm isn't beeping when you check, you may have a blown piece of hardware or a broken solder
I wouldn't do this unless you know what you are looking for. Would be a waste of time and potentially dangerous. Certain parts are supposed to have continuity and others are not. Just randomly poking around will not get you too far. Also some of the larger amps have caps in them that can store enough voltage to kill you and certainly smaller amps can pack enough punch to make you uncomfortable for sure. I once had my arm laid across the output terminals of an earthquake D2 while doing some tuning for an spl comp. One quick burp was enough to nearly make me **** myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.