Bleh, help me decide ;)

Participant count
  • Participant list

roop
10+ year member

MN
Hello, First post in a while. I am looking to put a system in my 96 jetta. I am looking for some "good" bass, I'm not going to compete or anything just something thats pretty good. I don't need anything that will blow my head off.

Anyways, I am looking to spend around $150 max on a sub, this is what I have come up with so far.

Kicker CVR

PG RSD12

RE SE12

What do you guys think I should get? As far as my taste for music goes it is mostly metal. I play a lot of speed metal, or stuff thats really fast. I hate rap, and I don't listen to it lol. However, I do like to throw in some trance every now and again and I want that to sound good.

I think those 3 seem to be in the best bang for the buck category, and around my budget. Unless I missed something, let me know if theres something better.

Thanks!

I was going to buy the amp depending on what sub I got, so I don't have an idea yet.

Right now I have an older pioneer HU (I forget the model, the car is in the shop so I can't look at it) I think its maybe 3 years old or so.

I think I am going to ditch the rear speakers and run pg rsd65cs up front.

Well, I was trying to do it all for under $400.

I was hoping maybe go with a cheaper 12 (like the PG thats $70), but get an amp that would be more than enough. That way at a later date I could add another 12" into it if it wasn't enough bass.

A 4ch might be the way to go, I wasn't sure if I would need one for the fronts. I was planning on asking in the speaker section for that, but since everyone here is so helpful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My "system" is just gonna be the 2 fronts, amp, and a sub.

I was hoping something like this:

Front Speakers $90

Sub $100 or so

Amp $175ish

Hello, First post in a while. I am looking to put a system in my 96 jetta. I am looking for some "good" bass, I'm not going to compete or anything just something thats pretty good. I don't need anything that will blow my head off.
Anyways, I am looking to spend around $150 max on a sub, this is what I have come up with so far.

Kicker CVR

PG RSD12

RE SE12

What do you guys think I should get? As far as my taste for music goes it is mostly metal. I play a lot of speed metal, or stuff thats really fast. I hate rap, and I don't listen to it lol. However, I do like to throw in some trance every now and again and I want that to sound good.

I think those 3 seem to be in the best bang for the buck category, and around my budget. Unless I missed something, let me know if theres something better.

Thanks!
cvr? if you look in the right places you can find a cvx for 150 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Installing, I will do myself. I live eat sleep and breath cars and thats what I am going to school far. I have put in my share of stereo equipment in cars before so I know how it all goes together. As for the wires, the PO of my car already had monster RCA cables, remote, power, and ground lines run to the trunk. So I don't have to buy them, probably only need to get a spool of wire for the speakers and I should be set.

Do you guys think I should go with the 4channel then to power the sub and the speakers? Is it possible to bridge 2 of the channels for the one sub, then run the other two to each speaker?

Thanks again for all the help

Nice that you have the cables already there. Box materials shouldn't be too much then. Yes it is possible to use the front channels for the speakers and rear channels bridged for a sub.

Awesome, that seems like the best way to go then.

So you think the RE SR12 is the best sub I can get for $100?

OT: but is bimma85 for an e30?
e36, but I sold it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

As for getting a 4 channel or not. I'd just do it the cheapest way possible. Just look around for some good deals.

e36, but I sold it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Well I kinda called it lol. e30 m3 s52, I win //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyways, yeah I think a 4chan will be the way to go. That Candence one looks good, but I am afraid its gonna get maxed out. I was researching a bit and I found a guy who had a similar setup and he was having problems with it clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.