Blaupunkt San Jose MP3 HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sportster
10+ year member

Midwest
I'm in the process of getting a system together for my car with a Alpine 7998 Fantomface unit. But the system in our Mountaineer is going (stock) and will need to be upgraded soon. I've been looking at the San Jose,and it looks like a real nice deck. Anyone have one or have any experience with one?

Question for ya,Audio: I've got the JBL system in the Mountaineer (I think it's JBL anyway..),it's the stock high end system they come with,and it has the sub in the right rear wall. Now,is the amplifier for the sub in the HU or is it mounted elsewhere? What I'm wondering is can I just switch out the unit and hook it directly to the speaker wires or is there going to be a problem with a outboard amplifier that I'll have to bypass? I'd like to get a harnass that connects direct to the Blau and the trucks wiring. Is it possible? I know you run into problems connecting speaker level outs to amplified lead ins with a HU that has a internal amp,and the Blau does.

What do you mean by 'Premium plugs and a integrator'? What is a 'integrator'? And does it have a outboard amp or is it in the headunit? I would probably like to change the speaker in the sub,as it is probably blown. It gets raspy sounding at times,like the voice coils going. The other speakers are probably fine.

hmmm welp you might have by pass plugs in your dash i would rather talk than type just email me when i can point you in right direction just make sure you have the factory deck out when we talk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.