blaupunkt and soundstream

Participant count
  • Participant list

hedron

CarAudio.com Newbie
Are these units generally good? I don't want or need audiophile quality, I just want a decent deck that has a screen for a backup camera, that's under 200$.

Most units with a screen seem to cost north of 400$, which is curious because I have a Nokia and Sony phone, both cost about 150$. Is there any justification for this price? I have no interest in apple car play or android auto, as they just seem to be a glorified map app that adds 200$ to the price tag.

I know Blaupunkt was really good in the 90s, but it seems they've might have let themselves go. Is this true?

Are these units generally good? I don't want or need audiophile quality, I just want a decent deck that has a screen for a backup camera, that's under 200$.

Most units with a screen seem to cost north of 400$, which is curious because I have a Nokia and Sony phone, both cost about 150$. Is there any justification for this price? I have no interest in apple car play or android auto, as they just seem to be a glorified map app that adds 200$ to the price tag.

I know Blaupunkt was really good in the 90s, but it seems they've might have let themselves go. Is this true?
Slow interface, poor software design, ultra cheapo low quality hardware as well as dog **** audio specs. You get what you pay for.

Both companies have gone to the crapper. Both used to be really good quality products but not since either was sold. Yes back in the '80s and '90s they were nice brands so were several others but with time and being sold they are now just cheap junk that isn't worth spending any money on.

For decks look to Pioneer and Kenwood for your application. Both are quality decks and have the options you are looking for.

Apple CarPlay is not a glorified map app. It will read you your text messages to you while your driving and you can respond without your hands leaving the steering wheel or eyes leaving the road. No those brands will not be good quality. They will likely be glitchy, slow, and die early.

I have a nice deck ..your wellcome to PM me . I have a lot of cool 90s blaupunkt in my collection but unfortunately the new blaupunkt and soundstream are toilet junk now not the same companies they once were

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.