Blaupunkt 8200a for home use

Participant count
  • Participant list

boom_shiva

India
First of all thanks in advance for helping me.....

I have bought Blaupunkt 8200a for home to be used with my Gaming RIG. I already have MAudio Active Monitors which lack in low frequencies. That's why I got myself this Blaupunkt unit. Now the main problem. If I use computer power supply for powering it up how am I gonna do it. I know it will run in 12V DC, but how much is the current requirement for this unit. I have seen a few videos about how to tweak the power supply to power up this woofer.

Assume if get the right ampears out of computer power supply, is it going to sustain under 70% to100% load. I mean that wires coming out of power supply are quite thin. Will they get heated up and damaged after prolonged use (1-2 hours) under high load.

Also please suggest if I have some alternatives.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.