Loud whining noise coming from door speakers?!?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gaddydaddy

So I just finished my set up in my truck but there's an issue. I have two Rockford Fosgate R2 shallow mount 10's connected to a Rockford Punch P400x2 amp, 4 JL C2650 component door speakers connected to a Rockford Prime R400-4D amp, two C2650 cross overs and two C2650 tweeter. I also have a Pioneer AVH-X4600bt head unit. I originally had the Bose system in my truck so I had to bypass that as well. The issue is that there is a loud whining noise coming from my door speakers regardless if there is music playing or not. The whining noise doesn't get louder when I turn the volume up but it does get louder when i accelerate and quieter when i slow down. Also when i first crank my truck the power light on the amp to my door speakers comes on as red, which is supposed to be protect mode and the amp is supposed to shut off after that, but then the red light goes off after a few seconds and there is no light at all, but the amp is still working. If i disconnect all of my RCA's there's no whining noise, but as soon as i plug them in it comes back. Could any please help me with figuring out whats wrong and causing the whining noise and the amp to go into protect mode.

The first question is did you buy the stuff new? The power light not working sounds a little weird. As for the noise you are in for some fun. The first thing I would do is get a headphone to rca plug it into you phone and see if you still have to noise. If you dont then the noise is coming from the rca's or the head unit. if not (im guessing this is going to be the case) then you have to focus on the output side of things. Make sure the power wire and the rcas arent too close together, you may even try unplugging the sub amp and see what you get. I would check out the crossovers and where they are placed. They are subject to inducing noise if they are around alot of electrical. Next would be how did you bypass the bose amp? Did you rewire to the speaker locations or did you go to the outputs at the factory amp? good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.