blah vs blah (yeah i know)

thismightbepat
10+ year member

weiner
sunset LA
I'm like most of you guys on this forum probably are. I'm into car audio for the sheer love of superior sound. The screaming highs, the booming lows, the whole nine yards. I'm definitely not the type to abuse my jam, annoying people by pounding at stoplights, in parking lights, etc., and I'm sure that most of you guys here aren't like that either. But I'm sure that everyone of us is guilty of one thing: Wanting to outjam a certain person so hard it'll make their head spin.

Here's my case: My co-worker recently set up his ext. cab s-10 with a new audio layout, and boy oh boy has it made his head swell. He has 3 kicker comp vr's in a 6ish ft^3 ported box (idk what he tuned to, he just cut a slot in his box), all powered by a sony xm-mono block (the biggest one sony makes, idk what its number is). No lie, it sounds **** good. I, on the other hand, am going to have a single IA DP 15" in a 5ft^3 ported box tuned to 34hz, powered by a brutus bx1500d. He swears up and down to me, "theres no way you're going to outjam me, all u gonna have is one 15, blah blah, I'll bet u 20 bucks, yadda yadda." Pretty annoying, since I never once said a thing to him about being able to jam harder with my stuff. Anyway, I'd love to show this guy up with my setup when all of my stuff comes in, ya'll think I got him?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif Sorry this post probably seems very noobish, but I couldn't resist it, it's bothering me too much. But to make this post more useful, I'd also like to ask that is it true that if u run an amp at 1 ohm it tends to get more hot than running it at 4 ohms (besides the fact that yeah its putting out much more power). Ha, another arguement with him I'd like to settle.

If installed correctly, you should shake his hand, congradulate him in his loss, and walk away $20 richer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif(and you could sneak in the infamous 'I TOLD YOU SO' line;))

boy does that bring a smile to my face //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif , nothing better than shutting up someone u know is wrong, am i right?

honestly, i like having the satisfaction of just knowing that i could shatter someones eardrums. but sometimes you just have to show someone up who is such an ignoramus.

for example, my across-the-way neighbor broght home a new Saturn Ion not too long ago, and I guess he thinks it has a decent stock system. So i hear him roll up and head outside to let my dogs do they business and watch him get out. He left the windows down with the system horribly distorting, annoying and loud, and playing the worst trance music i have ever heard played in my life. so he goes in for about 20 minutes, leaving the quote unquote "system" playing so half the block can notice. i hopin my suburban which just happened to be parked in my driveway, with the back end facing out towards his house. (perfect position for some bass blasting) i fire up my system, turn it up about 1/4 volume and half gain on the amp gain. at this point i make a delicious little selection in program material that i like to call "ammunition". load it up and proceed to pop the rear hatch. i know he knows that i have a decent system but i dont think he was expecting how loud it actually got. i turned it up until the he proceeded to walk outside, put up all the windows, and turn the stereo down and the car off. by that point my brain was shaking so i shut it down, locked up and hopped out, and gave him the old "evil eye"..no words needed to be mentioned..he knows who runs it now..

by no means am i encouraging being a neighborhood nuisance but i had to show up this moron. needless to say i havent heard a peep out of his pathetic little side of the road since.....

his setup sounds pretty weak and messsed up. a ported box with just a slot cut out in the box....WTF. And off a sony amp...yeah like thats givin off a ton of power.

What car is ur DP goin in? install that thing right, take ur time, then show him up.

oh and run that hifonics amp at 1 ohm.

i personally like the 1 15'' idea myself. i've ran comp vrs before, and i was impressed with the sq and the spl they produced for the price you can find them at. but 1 good 15'' subwoofer, running on 1500 rms should be able to do the trick. quite handily at that. i hope we dont make YOUR head swell to much by saying this. cause if he does beat you in the end, you are gonna feel horrible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but i have faith in the single 15'' subwoofer desing. why pay for multiple subwoofers when 1 will do the trick in the proper enclosure, and powered properly?? in the infamous words of just about everybody on the forum......... its all in the install.

yeah im gonna run it at 1 ohm, gotta get the most juice outta the equipment. I'm putting it in my ext. cab sierra.

And you'd be surprised by sony amps, they actually are pretty decent bang for your buck. He bought the amp from my boy who was running two 12 w7s with a sony mono on each of them in his expo. got **** loud and sounded very good. Apparently he got lucky with the cutting a random size slot in his box, b/c i told him about tuning and he was like "huh?"

Haha, don't worry about my head swelling, like I said that won't happen b/c my jam is for my personal enjoyment only.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.