BK1800.1D AMP Keeps Going In Protect Mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

hutt132
10+ year member

US
I have a BK1800.1D amplifier ONLY hooked up with 0 gauge power wires and the remote turn on wire. The positive wire is hooked straight to the battery with a 150amp fuse, and the negative wire is about two feet long and bolted to a stock bolt in the trunk. I sanded down the paint before attaching it. For the remote wire I have an Add-A-Fuse plugged into fuse #32 in my 2006 Acura TL with a 20amp fuse in the top slot, and a 7.5amp fuse in the bottom slot.

When I turn on my car the amp powers on and goes into protect for a few seconds, then out of protect for a few seconds, and continues this.

Is my amp bad? Did I do something wrong?

When the car is on the power terminals on the amp measured 14v both when it was and was not in protect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.