Biggest boom with JL 500.1

just leave ur gain where it is get the re srxs and use the same box.......i have a feeling you are still leaning that way and will stick to your guns no matter what anyone has to say so have your peace of mind ...dont worry about:

-setting gain properly

-not clipping

-using a box made to spec to get the best output

-clean input from a good deck/processor

-sound deadening/dampening

-getting a 4 channel amp and front stage speakers to keep up with the bass and actually sound good

-ohms law

-your electrical (good battery, wiring, proper fusing etc.)

-not using bass boost or sub level attenuation

but if you do want your audio to sound the best do research some of that and listen to the what these people suggest...most know what they are doing and even if you have to spend a little more than you want, it will save you in the grand scheme of things and you will be content.

It may seem like there is a little hostility but you have to realize you are the millionth person coming here and asking "what sub should I get" without doing sufficient research and understanding everything else that determines the best answer and most of the time the member, after getting sound advise, does what he was originally planning which he was advised against anyway and it ends up being a big waste of time for the people trying to help SO PLEASE .......just shuttap and listen lol...good luck

Sup tiburon buddy? I have a white 03. I've had the best luck with sub back, port back. I have not tried sub up port back, I hear it works pretty well in the hatches. 2 12s or 1 15 in a proper box will take up almost the whole trunk.

just leave ur gain where it is get the re srxs and use the same box.......i have a feeling you are still leaning that way and will stick to your guns no matter what anyone has to say so have your peace of mind ...dont worry about:
-setting gain properly

-not clipping

-using a box made to spec to get the best output

-clean input from a good deck/processor

-sound deadening/dampening

-getting a 4 channel amp and front stage speakers to keep up with the bass and actually sound good

-ohms law

-your electrical (good battery, wiring, proper fusing etc.)

-not using bass boost or sub level attenuation

but if you do want your audio to sound the best do research some of that and listen to the what these people suggest...most know what they are doing and even if you have to spend a little more than you want, it will save you in the grand scheme of things and you will be content.

It may seem like there is a little hostility but you have to realize you are the millionth person coming here and asking "what sub should I get" without doing sufficient research and understanding everything else that determines the best answer and most of the time the member, after getting sound advise, does what he was originally planning which he was advised against anyway and it ends up being a big waste of time for the people trying to help SO PLEASE .......just shuttap and listen lol...good luck
Ha! I appreciate your advice and I hope it brings happiness to the forum that I have contacted by e-mail the AT people to try and land one of the 15" stratos in the blowout sale. This is still going on right? The price will be 104.99 shipped? I've also reached out to pro-rabbit and buck for quotes on enclosures as well as contacting a local guy. I'm even mulling over the idea of buying the design and tackling the build myself! What is anyone's opinion on if a builder would want to trade for my current subs (albeit one is clipped) and ported enclosure? I just got done examining the enclosure and it appears it is custom after all!

Sup tiburon buddy? I have a white 03. I've had the best luck with sub back, port back. I have not tried sub up port back, I hear it works pretty well in the hatches. 2 12s or 1 15 in a proper box will take up almost the whole trunk.
Tibbys FTW! Yea, my trunk is almost completely taken up by my current box. It brings me more joy though than any piece of luggage or groceries back there would have any day..

Does everyone agree I should go with the D4 Strato 15" over the D2? Please inform.
D4 can be wired at 2 ohms. D2 can be wired at 1 or 4 ohms. Your amp is stable at 1.5+ ohms and you will want to get the lowest ohm load possible.

If I got a custom box made for 2 12's what would be recommended for the components? Would these two twelves hit harder/louder than a 15" strato in a ported box? Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.