Biggest boom with JL 500.1

OK, well without exact port dimensions there is no way for any of us to tell you what your current enclosure port tuning is... I can tell you that by your given external dimensions from an earlier post (34x16x13); you should have about 3.14^ft. gross (That's if it is built from .75" material) As for the subs... You don't have much power at all to work with and being that you're NOT planning on having the proper enclosure built, results will vary & be mediocre at best...

So how much is it typically to have an enclosure made? What's the best price I could get for the most adequate enclosure? And how big would the dcon box need to be?? I feel like the box I already have is somewhat big, anything more would be pushing to fit in my Tiburon...

So how much is it typically to have an enclosure made? What's the best price I could get for the most adequate enclosure? And how big would the dcon box need to be?? I feel like the box I already have is somewhat big, anything more would be pushing to fit in my Tiburon...
A single 15 will take up less room. Sub up port back. It will also open you up to a much better sub.

Suggestions on a 15" then? Would it be doable to get a decent 15" with enclosure for under $250? Does having a 15" mean i'll need to purchase 0 gauge wire?
LOL - Get an AT Strato 15" http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html = Strato 15" D4 - $104.99 shipped - Then hit up Buck, double07, dbeez, or prorabbit on here for a design / and/or build & ship - Run that sub @ 2 ohms on your slash amp & you will be good to go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Suggestions on a 15" then? Would it be doable to get a decent 15" with enclosure for under $250? Does having a 15" mean i'll need to purchase 0 gauge wire?
If you're going to be using the same 500w amp, get a 15" AT Strato for about $100 and get a custom enclosure built - it should be around $250 for it all. As long as your current wire feeds your amp it will be fine, you won't need to upgrade that unless you get a larger amp.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

LOL - Get an AT Strato 15" http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html = Strato 15" D4 - $104.99 shipped - Then hit up Buck, double07, dbeez, or prorabbit on here for a design / and/or build & ship - Run that sub @ 2 ohms on your slash amp & you will be good to go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Beat me to it lol

If you're going to be using the same 500w amp, get a 15" AT Strato for about $100 and get a custom enclosure built - it should be around $250 for it all. As long as your current wire feeds your amp it will be fine, you won't need to upgrade that unless you get a larger amp. 

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Beat me to it lol
lolz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm really tempted to get 2 RE Audio SRX12D2. I know people say that they don't like them since they're made in China now, but does anyone have first hand experience that they are crappy?

So much tension in this forum! Does anyone know rough estimates on an enclosure for the 15? Want to make sure it will fit in my Tiburon... And so the strato will definitely by louder than two 12 RE's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.