Votes: 7 53.8%
  • SA

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

™Caveman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal
Coming from where im from. No fancy meters. No Distortion Detectors. No clamps . Just a decent set of ears a good Bone® for music and slamming bass. No burps no buckets and no bias. Single 8's boxes ported tuned to manufactures specifications.

Amp• Sundown Audio SAX1200d.

Played sa8v2 for about 2 months. Played extremely well.

Hooked up the DD2508sc and it blew that sa8v2 out the water hands down. As far as full musical range goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea takes more than your ears for that to hold true though could've just been your application for both of them. Boxes were prolly different as they should be and the box placement should also be different

Man I'm glad you posted this... I was just about to buy some guys sa8 W/box in the classifieds sections. I think I'll get a DD instead now.....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif J/K Broham I couldn't resist

Man I'm glad you posted this... I was just about to buy some guys sa8 W/box in the classifieds sections. I think I'll get a DD instead now.....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif J/K Broham I couldn't resist
Hahahaha. Sold!

Yea takes more than your ears for that to hold true though could've just been your application for both of them. Boxes were prolly different as they should be and the box placement should also be different
Figured your kind would argue my point. w/e. Thread is a statement! Not a debate.

Figured your kind would argue my point. w/e. Thread is a statement! Not a debate.
But really what data do you have other than your ears?

The sa8v2 needs .6 for ported and the dd2508sc needs 1cube. The dd is inevitably going to be closer to the back of the vehicle changing the sound

Then without a frequency/db graph you have no idea how flat you sub is playing

Further more you have no pressure testing

I don't hug dd's nuts or sundownz if anyone I like incriminator but u have only found your favorite. Some people think l7s are gods end all sub but that doesn't mean it is

But any way both subs are built to exceptional quality and both are great performers. I guess dd redid there suspension setup cuz many would argue your point

When I started dd1508s were the boner then the sa8 and then the steady debate no real winner I'm just glad they work well for your application

What's the price diiference?
Quite a bit of price difference.

I have a pair of 2508SC here and I had them Klippel tested; they have some very odd characteristics.

The high level of distortion may be preferred by some.

DD_2508_SC.jpg

Compared to SA-8 v.2 which is very linear :

SA_8_V2_FirstProto.jpg

The very unusual CMS curve would lead to more low-end output at higher excursion levels as Fs will actually drop from at-rest over stroke in both directions; but it is simply from non-linearities (aka: distortion).

So in terms of someone preferring one or the other that can vary quite a bit.

Some people think the louder the sub is the better it is, others go by how clean it sounds and some go by both. Your statement is a personal opinion which you are entitled to but if you really want to make a valid point there should be a basis/reasoning to back up your claim otherwise its useless.

I personally would choose the sa8v2 because of the already mentioned more linear response curve, very controlled high power handling capabilities, build quality and price (a stamped steel basket on the dd2508 with its high price.....i mean come on)

Theres an obvious reason why the sa8s are one of the most popular 8" woofers around right now

Yeah My Sa8v2 is most definitely champion of spl but its limited on what it can do. DD2508sc is more musical imho lacks the low end extension but plays all aspects of music better. Sfi the baseline part of the music pounded my chest but a kick drum was not really reproduced loud at all via thd sa8. The 2508 is a faster sub being it will get low and has the ability to punch out drum lines as well. Kinda the best of both worlds. SQ/Less spl.

SA-8 and DD2508 aren't in comparable directly.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Fairly comparable directly, I should say.

SA-8 and DD2508 aren't in comparable directly. 

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Fairly comparable directly, I should say.
Given a choice between the 2?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

™Caveman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
™Caveman
SoCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied