Biggest boom with JL 500.1

So much tension in this forum! Does anyone know rough estimates on an enclosure for the 15? Want to make sure it will fit in my Tiburon... And so the strato will definitely by louder than two 12 RE's?
Stay away from RE unless it's before they moved to China... Your budget you gave us is too low to suggest anything other than the single Strato 15. It's a good quality sub and will get plenty loud and sound good on the 500.1

D4. Wire it to 2ohms, contact double007 for a box. You will be happy!
Thanks for the advice! I'm curious on why wired to 2ohms? When I've been reading up on the amp, people have been saying to wire subs to 4ohms since 500w rms is produced from 1.5-4ohms, so it's all the same and would be easier on the amp? Is something else at play here that I'm missing? Sorry for so many rookie questions guys...

It's not going to matter much with that amp. The efficiency ***** at any load. Wiring to 4 might help a little but on 500 watts it shouldn't make a difference
Not sure if it's any bit more efficient at 4 ohm. It's going to be working harder to put out that power.. Like you said, efficiency ***** at any ohm load and there's not much you can do about it. Shouldn't matter too much on a small 500w amp though.

500w on any ohm load from 1.5 to 4 IIRC. That's if it's the Slash model though, HD and JX amps don't have that feature
HD amps have everything the slash has except the good CO section.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Do any reputable vendors on these boards make enclosures for around $100?
You can get a design and make your own for less then $100

[quote name='rhinoky']Do any reputable vendors on these boards make enclosures for around $100?[/QUOTE]

It'll be around $200 if you want one made (and shipped - shipping is what kills the price)

Like DDtC said, you could get a design from @Buck ; and make it yourself cheap, though.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

[quote name='DDtC']HD amps have everything the slash has except the good CO section.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

You can get a design and make your own for less then $100[/QUOTE]

Wasn't aware the HD series had that feature as well... Shows you how much attention I pay to JL. They're good products just not priced competitively for the quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.