Bigger amp and epicenter

Try running some test tone sweeps through the system. Listen for deficiencies or other issues like clipping, distortion, etc. Though it won't be terribly accurate, you can use your phone with a dB meter app to get a rough idea of what is happening. Or, spend a few bucks and get a calibrated mic like a Dayton unit. Plug into your phone and test away.

Using a variety of music is not a great way to dial in and troubleshoot system until you have the fundamentals in place already.
I actually just skip the db meter and go with what my ears say.

That's what I do...I really don't care what a graph says sounds good anyways 🤣
Agreed. Not everybody's hearing will match the Fletcher Munson curve perfectly. In my experience your ears are enough to spot big differences (+/- 3db) in a sweep or in adjacent test tones and +/- 3db is considered the gold standard in audio. DB meters and RTAs are just another expense and tool to drag out and set up...

I only use it in Spanish music I had other systems before and sounded good with epicenter I just never had 6.5 subs so idk if that’s the problem or the amp not having the full amount of rms for subs.
One main note is that most Spanish music bass plays in the 60-90 Hz range. So hip hop music sounds great because it plays lower and is usually boosted. So in trying to extract better bass out of Spanish music, you may be overboosting to overexcursion. That is where I believe you see the subs as not being able to breathe.
With that said, your box design may be made for spl which would amplify the lack of higher bass notes.

One main note is that most Spanish music bass plays in the 60-90 Hz range. So hip hop music sounds great because it plays lower and is usually boosted. So in trying to extract better bass out of Spanish music, you may be overboosting to overexcursion. That is where I believe you see the subs as not being able to breathe.
With that said, your box design may be made for spl which would amplify the lack of higher bass notes.
I second that. If we're talking truly spanish style music, not what is referred to as Latin style music, but traditional Spanish music, not a lot of drums or low bass at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...