bigger alt that fits a sbc350

Participant count
  • Participant list
if its a 96 or older an ad244 will fit. you can also buy upgrade kits aif you have the tools to get them to around 200 amps for just over 100$

im wrong its not a "cs144" for that its a "12si" case. as a direct fit but the "cs144" can be maid to fit as far as google has shown me.

CS-144 140amp alternator upgrade howto - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

93-96 Caprice 140A Alternator upgrade *SAVE $$$* - GM Square Body - 1973 - 1987 GM Truck Forum

just get a kit to build one up if you want or find a local shop that rewinds alts.

working on it yourself you may need a couple tools and know how to solder.

I have an old Wrangler Alt that I've been contemplating to post on eBay,. It's a Big Casing GM that uses an outboard regulator, I used it on my 89 Mustang GT for some years while I was building a comp set up. It only needed 1 adapter to bolt right in place. Should be a direct fit for any GM pre 95 or so. Right now as it sits it needs a new bearing on the end that sits in the rear of the case. Has been rebuilt before with new Diodes and the windings are all still good. Tested it while I was attending or better described as wasting my time at UTI with the pile tester and it was putting out a continuous 225 AMPs with no drop in performance. I didn't push it any higher it may have destroyed their tester. As I said it's not in working order right now, when I took it out it was just starting to make noise and I had dealt with it once before. I tried to get the bearing but found nothing but incompetence waiting for me at auto parts stores. They simply had no way of looking up the part without me telling them a year and make of car it came from! So I searched at junk yards for a similar case and swapped out the parts into the used case, eventually the bearing went and I just pulled it out to avoid the hassle of dealing with it. If I would have been able to get a new bearing instead of a used one I'm sure it would have lasted way longer, I'm selling the car now and it won't fit my '02 GT so I may as well let it go. If you are interested just let me know I don't check these messages very often but I do check my eBay messages very often if you want to get ahold of me I'd do it there at zinda2010 my eBay seller name.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.