Big three problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xNaStYx
10+ year member

yo
lolz
I have done 2/3 of the Big 3 and I am still having dimming problems.

The last piece I have to do is the engine block to ground, it just got too dark out to finish.

After that last part should the dimming go away? Or did I do something wrong?

Big three does not necessary fix your dimming issues. Finish and see what happens but the Big 3 will not make up for a lacking electrical
I understand that, but I figured it would help out a little bit.

1) 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

2) stock alt, im guessing its 105 amps

3) PG ryvol 1502, and pioneer gm7200... like 400W, nothing huge

4) stock battery up front

5) its fairly new, some interstate battery or something my dad bought before he gave me the car.

If it's the original alternator it may be getting to the end of it's life. Sounds like everything wiring wise should be good. Has the battery ever been deep cycled that you know of? That will reduce the life and effciency of a battery considerably. Deep cylce is running the battery completely down in case you didn't know.

figured out the problem.. fuse wasnt tightened so it wasnt touching anything. basically a pointless wire until i fixed it. fixed the dimming a bunch, just waiting to do the engine block

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.