Big Al's wannabe cop car!

ahardy17
10+ year member

my grandparents just upgraded from a 92 grand marquis to an 02 grand marquis! so guess who got the old one?? their favorite grandson, ME!! so i threw in the following:

head unit: Sony MEX-1GP (i bet i just lost half of the people who even started reading this haha)

stereo.jpg

front speakers: Infinity Kappa 680.9cs components (tweeters in door panels by mirrors)

050.jpg

Rear speakers: Polk Audio db690

mercury004.jpg

front amp: Pioneer GM5400T

027.jpg

rear amp: Kenwood KAC 8020 (currently out of comission, pioneer gm5300t could be its replacement for now

ok time to try redeeming myself...

subs: [2] Memphis Audio M3 12" 4ohm DVC (400w rms each) wired in parellel to 1ohm in sealed box

028.jpg

sub amp: Memphis Audio 16-MC1.1100 class D mono amp- 1100w rms @1ohm. built-in 24dB/octave crossover at ~110 hz & subsonic filter @ 30hz (havent had time to fully tune everything yet)

015.jpg

020.jpg

some other miscellaneous facts about the system:

-harmon kardon drive & play iPod controller

057.jpg

-Knuconceptz positive battery terminal!

-and Knu 4-guage for the M class amp

-1/0 guage welding wire from the battery to the distribution block in the trunk

-oh and my crossovers for the Kappa's are in the door pockets

071.jpg

-one thing that i don't like about my setup is the fact that the head unit only has front preamp outputs and then a rear/sub preamp out. so the subs and rears split those RCA's...

mercury002.jpg

please feel free to make any comments, ask questions, suggest improvements, throw insults...all feedback is welcome

for the record, i have been thinking of a few possible improvements of my own:

-yellowtop

-HO alternator

-new 1/0 guage power wire from battery

-proper set of 4-channel RCA's for the subs/rears to share (it's a god-awful mess of mismatched barrel connectors, splitters and cables right now)

-a new sub box (not sure about sealed or ported, considering trying a push-pull configuration

-also would like to do the big 3 at some point but the factory wiring takes the most ass-backwards route around the back of the engine

-i've been seeing some signatures about redtop hood/yellowtop trunk battery setups...might look into putting a battery in the trunk

-i also go to school in a rough city so i've been advised to get an alarm asap. i don't play the system anywhere near where i'm gonna park but i'd like to add some security

please let me know what you think of those ideas as well! if there are any you think should be made priorities, etc

no pictures might as well have not made this
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

no one is gonna read that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

pics are up...
and no dr chronic i was thinking more like 26's...but tell me, how did you get the people at best buy to install that phoenix gold **** you bought on amazon.com?
I know he used to work at BB, so my guess is he installed it himself.

I want some 22s on my grand marquis. Don't have to lift it either. Looks bad ass. I'll never do it though, because it's impractical as hell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.