Big 3 upgrade

so 10 feet and what gauge? It will end up being about 3000 rms for my subs
i use 2/0 only but thats me being biased. alot will say 1/0 is enough so its really up to you. would be nice if some tech dude like pro rabbit jumped in about now lol

i use 2/0 only but thats me being biased. alot will say 1/0 is enough so its really up to you. would be nice if some tech dude like pro rabbit jumped in about now lol
What.. what did I miss lol

You can use 4 gauge or larger for big three and you will be just fine in most cases.

I was comparing prices and i can get the Kicker 09PWG0-20FT for 80$ its Kicker 0 AWG. I had heard nothing but great things about it. And i would still have some to sell to my friend doing the Big 3 in his car

There are a lot of variables that can change how much/what kind of wires to use, but most important is safety and what end product you want ot end up with. I just did a big 3 upgrade in my friends Caprice and his main reason was the added fuse block that adds a certain level of security/safety for when his family rides with him. I wish I was able to drive yo meet you, but I am unable. if you ever get in or around Tupelo, let me know. I don't charge for help as long as you want to learn and promise to teach a friend or two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Wire is wire bro, as long as it's quality stuff, it doesn't matter who makes it. In most cases, with the short length of the Big 3 runs, 4 gauge is fine. to be safe, most people recommend 1/0, that's also fine. Kicker, Rockford, Stinger, Knu, Welding wire. If they're all OFC wire, they're all gonna do the same thing, just as well. Rockford and Kicker are gonna just be twice as much in cost. Personally, I bought my wire off another guy on here. got 10ft, fuse and holder, terminal lugs, for $25. If you insist upon buying new wire, I'd get the Knu Kolossus: KnuKonceptz - view products for category Kolossus Fleks Kable or the welding wire that was suggested before. Because you can buy them by the foot, and they're all equally good.

I used #1 Radnor welding cable it is rated for 350A and the guy said he had over 500A going thru it before with no problem so 3000 watts shouldn't be a problem if you go 1/0 but if your doing a 3000 watt amp you might want more than 10ft so you can run some back to the trunk / hatch. They have a minimum of 25ft rolls anyways at airgas but its the most flexible stuff I've ever used.

I don't have to have name brand wire that doesn't matter to me. I am just asking some questions... I can do the welding wire but will probably buy it at a huge welding shop close to my house.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.