big 3 upgrade questions

juststartin
10+ year member

alright so im in the process of upgrading the bg 3, and i had a couple questions. First, when it says you can use any unessential bolt for the engine block ground, does that mean i could use a bolt that bolts on my headers? its like right there in the open so id like to use it if i can, if not can someone tell me where i should wire that wire. i have a 2005 ford explorer that the install is going on, 4.0 V6 motor. if anyone on here has done the big three upgrade on this particular vehicle, can you posts pics of your install your just tell me where you mounted/wired your install, thanks

yeah 9 times out of ten you already have an engine block to ground wire, just use the same one. if not, you should be able to find a bolt thats not a hassle to use. like alternator/starter bolt etc. some cars even have an existing grounding strap you can replace with your larger wire.

03 Explorer 4.6L, don't know if this will help (only did the big 2 so far, not grounded to frame)

DSCN0550.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.