big 3 question

no you don't need to remove the old ground wires, just add 2 runs of 0 gauge ground from your negative on your battery to the proper places. one run goes to the engine block, and the other goes to the chassis. and yes you need a fuse in between the alt and battery positive.

no you don't need to remove the old ground wires, just add 2 runs of 0 gauge ground from your negative on your battery to the proper places. one run goes to the engine block, and the other goes to the chassis. and yes you need a fuse in between the alt and battery positive.
thanks! how do i know what size fuse to get for there? is ti the same as the one for my amps?

Ypu dont really go off the alt amps you go off what kind of wire you are using and how much it can handle i belive
Ive got 0 guage OFC, and can you guys help me find a fuse for my amps too, one has 60 amps and the other has 160, i cant seem to find the glass tube like ones at high amps online, but thats what i had in my last install

The link i posted and a 300a ANL fuse is for the 1/0 guage ypur running thats about how much the wire can handle if you put a higher fuse the wire can burn up even before the fuse pops and a fire can start use one of those between your alt and batt and maybe a foot or 2 after your batt on the wire going to your amp so if more than 300amps are ever sent for any reason the fuse pops and your car doesnt catch on fire

so are forums like these..... so would a 300 for my amplifiers be fine?
He mean that if you search fuse for 1/0 wire or where to put fuses it will probably pop up a couple threads on this topic already and you can find the info you need

The link i posted and a 300a ANL fuse is for the 1/0 guage ypur running thats about how much the wire can handle if you put a higher fuse the wire can burn up even before the fuse pops and a fire can start use one of those between your alt and batt and maybe a foot or 2 after your batt on the wire going to your amp so if more than 300amps are ever sent for any reason the fuse pops and your car doesnt catch on fire
yeah i went to the link and threw that and a fuse in my cart for in between my alt and battery, but im just gunna buy my other fuse for the same site but dont know if 300 is too much, my amps have 220 amps total

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.