bIg 3 question

Participant count
  • Participant list

06chargerguy
10+ year member

I was reading thru the big 3 thread and I want to know why I have to use an additional wire for the negative battery terminal? My battery is in the trunk and it is far easier for me to remove the original negative wire and replace it with a 0 gauge wire. I don't understand why I need both. My car is no longer under warranty so removing and replacing it is not an issue for me. Any thoughts? Also has anyone here done the big 3 on either a dodge charger, magnum or Chrysler 300? I need tips or tricks since the battery's in the trunk. Or if anyone knows of a shop in the metropolitan Chicago area who will do the big 3 for me? Thanks for the help.

You can if you want. Electricity takes the least path of resistance so adding a larger wire helps the system...

Sometimes finding the connection spot on some of these cars is hard to find, so adding another wire is easier.

For some reason most audio install shops don't know what the "Big-3" is, or they mis-inform people to think it will damage their vehicle...

There is no harm in replacing the wire in general. The idea behind adding a wire is that it is faster for the shop to do the install, and if you take the system out, the factory wires are intact. There are usually reasons behind every rule of thumb, but they may or may not mean all that much to everyone. I prefer to leave the factory wire in place in case I sell the car without the audio. Remember it is your car, do as you please.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.