Big 3 Question???

DUDE I didnt really know much about the car, and now Im learning a lot about the car's electrical systems... Im finding it purty cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif At first I was kinds "worried" about doing the Big 3 but after the first one, Im gonna do it on my parent's cars too... lol Its simple, just follow the instructions

It's simple if you don't have to take the alternator off to do it. My car (94 Cavalier), you need a breaker bar to loostenthe serpintine belt to get the alternator off to attach the 0ga to it. Even my wife's hands were too big to get in there.

if you MUST go to an automotive shop... bring 12ft of 0ga wire, a fuse, fuseholder, 6 o-rings, and some split looming... SPEEDEE can probably do it for ya for

It's simple if you don't have to take the alternator off to do it. My car (94 Cavalier), you need a breaker bar to loostenthe serpintine belt to get the alternator off to attach the 0ga to it. Even my wife's hands were too big to get in there.
true that. my alt is actually on the bottom of my car, and way behind the oil pan.

if you MUST go to an automotive shop... bring 12ft of 0ga wire, a fuse, fuseholder, 6 o-rings, and some split looming... SPEEDEE can probably do it for ya for

Will they do the actual wiring or just get the alt off and let you do it right there. I doubt the latter since most shops won't let you in the work area. I would like to do this but getting the alt off is my road block.

if i take a picture of under my hood, could you use paint to draw line to were the wires should go and be connected?
I can try.

Try to take a picture of the back of the alternator, the battery, the complete engine bay and if possible, the side of the block where the battery is located. None of the pictures should be really up close, just something that shows each of the items I listed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.