big 3 noob question...

Participant count
  • Participant list

twich12
10+ year member

can i just leave all my cars wiring intact and just add the 3 0 gauge cables in addition to the stock wiring? see i have an 02 pontiac grand prix se and the wiring in the engine compartment is all wrapped up and VERY difficult to get to/absurd so in order for me to do the big 3 on my car i would need to unwrap everything and then rewrap everything

so i dont need to remove the current chassis/engine grounds? the alternator wire is run in a rather strange fashion, and on my car the red/positive is setup like this: battery terminal to the fuse box right next to the battery and then off of that it goes to the alternator and other things(not through the fuse box, it is just run up to the fuse box, ill add a picture if you dont get what im saying)

so should i replace the wire from the + terminal on the battery to the fuse box and then change the one from the top of the fuse box to the alternator? and of course the 2 grounds!
no need to replace anything. add on to the existing grounds, and just add on another wire going from the alt to your battery. you don't need to touch the wiring for the fuse box since the power wire for your amps go directly from the batt, not through the fuse box

i cant leave the alternator wire connected and hook another one onto it so i should just run a new wire from the + battery terminal to the alternator and just disconnect the current one? could anything bad come from me replacing the wire from the + terminal to the fuse box? i think i will do it since its such a short and simple run and that is what my amp is attached to

your amp should be hooked up to the battery not the fuse box. if you need to replace the power wire from the alt than you can, its just good practice to add on to it

dont remove anything. the only wires that should be on your positive terminal is, the new wire that runs to your alt. the stock wiring that has the fuse box, leave that on.

well theirs a wire that goes from the battery terminal to the terminal of the fuse box and that terminal is what(on the fuse box) everything is connected to (including the amp and the alternator)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.