Big 3 New battery terminals help. Newb here. Pictures inside.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alimoose
10+ year member

So I was ready to go outside and do the Big 3 Upgrade until I noticed different cables that I don't even know go to. This is in a 1999 Toyota Camry LE (4 cyl)

Do I just not even attach it to my new battery terminals?

Here is the new battery terminal.

nvxkl2.jpg

This is the cables I am talking about on the Negative Terminal. They wouldn't even reach the new terminals if I wanted to cut them and put them in. They're too short. Do I even need them?

wkml2p.jpg

And this is the Positive Terminal.

Same concept. I don't know which goes which. Should I just ignore it all and just connect the alternator cable directly to the Positive Terminal and ignore the rest?

ndno2.jpg

Let me know, thank you!

^ I certainly wouldn't upgrade them all.... my lord that'd be a timely and risky process. If you're using new terminals to connect factory wiring, many people just stuff it in one of the new terminals.... I didn't wanna risk voiding my warranty or screwing anything up since I have a new car. I simply used ring terminals for my big 3. In the future when I have some cash I'll get custom made battery terminals to fit my factory wiring and everything else.

^ I certainly wouldn't upgrade them all.... my lord that'd be a timely and risky process. If you're using new terminals to connect factory wiring, many people just stuff it in one of the new terminals.... I didn't wanna risk voiding my warranty or screwing anything up since I have a new car. I simply used ring terminals for my big 3. In the future when I have some cash I'll get custom made battery terminals to fit my factory wiring and everything else.
The problem is, they cant even reach to the new terminals. They're not long enough.

Are the new terminals in a different place than the old ones? o.0
No, they're in the same spot, but if you look at the picture, its crimped on to this L shaped, whatever you call it, and then that gets bolted on the old terminal. The new terminals doesnt have any of that bolt on, etc. It's just direct wire in and use an allen wrench to tighten it.

They all go to something, I would trace the wires then upgrade them all.
So that would answer my question? They are needed? I would have to figure out a way to attach those cables to the new terminals...problem is, they can't reach my new terminals...I'm going to need to make a contraption and add on new wire?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.