Big 3 / Civic Si / Photos

You got down on that install, and with the RAIDERS car seats;). Let me kick it with you:p:.
Thank you Thank you! I need to get another matching Kicker ANL fuseholder though. Gotta rep the Raiders especially with their LA heritage.

Raiders.........................barf! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyway, nice car, nice equipment and good job on the install, although I am with everyone else just about with the x-overs.

I say go active or hide them.

By the way, seen a black SI at the dealership I have been pawning on trading my car on. Probably not, but they are a sweet ride.

Raiders.........................barf! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Anyway, nice car, nice equipment and good job on the install, although I am with everyone else just about with the x-overs.

I say go active or hide them.

By the way, seen a black SI at the dealership I have been pawning on trading my car on. Probably not, but they are a sweet ride.
Born in Oakland so I gotta rep them. I hope to go active, but I still need a ton or research before I go active. Good luck with the car situation.

Born in Oakland so I gotta rep them. I hope to go active, but I still need a ton or research before I go active. Good luck with the car situation.
It's quite simple. Going active is just being able to set your own crossover points instead of using the passive crossovers which have set/fixed xover points.

You'd also just need a channel of amplication for each speaker.

An easy/cost effective way is to go with a active-capable HU and run the tweets off the HU and amp the mids and sub.

It's quite simple. Going active is just being able to set your own crossover points instead of using the passive crossovers which have set/fixed xover points.
You'd also just need a channel of amplication for each speaker.

An easy/cost effective way is to go with a active-capable HU and run the tweets off the HU and amp the mids and sub.
I have plenty of amplifiers. I want a 3 way front stage so kickpanels is among one of my future projects. Need to do some research on headunits and get some more monies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif.

I have plenty of amplifiers. I want a 3 way front stage so kickpanels is among one of my future projects. Need to do some research on headunits and get some more monies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif.
what are you looking to get? single/double din? I got to mess with the 9887 and it's not bad. Good tuning capabilities.

Or are you gonna go for the processor route?

Some single din HUs I know with 3way xovers:

Alpine : 9835, 9833, 9815, 9887, 9855, 7998, & others

Pioneer: deh-p960mp, or 9600mp, 860mp / 8600mp, 880prs, i'm sure there's more

Eclipse: cd7000+

Those are the ones off the top of my head, and ones I had experience with...

I'm a huge fan of the styling of the Premier 880prs. A good friend of mine has one and he loves it. I plan on combining those with a combination of the following amps:

1. eD Nine.1

2. eD Nine.2

3. Diamond Audio D5 600.4

4. Diamond Audio D5 1200.1

Or if I'm feeling good, I'll sell all those and get a DLS A7 and DLS A2 (If I really want the 3 way).

hmmm. I'm curious to see what you accomplish here.

What size driver would you try to fit in kicks? Have you looked into this seriously yet? I'm afraid you're going to find that the driver's side kick will be a huge issue, if not stop you dead in your tracks. Unless you're willing to cut the sheet metal behind there and relocate your fuse panel under the dash, you're going to be limited to a small midrange rather than a midbass.

hmmm. I'm curious to see what you accomplish here.
What size driver would you try to fit in kicks? Have you looked into this seriously yet? I'm afraid you're going to find that the driver's side kick will be a huge issue, if not stop you dead in your tracks. Unless you're willing to cut the sheet metal behind there and relocate your fuse panel under the dash, you're going to be limited to a small midrange rather than a midbass.
Yea.. especially with the clutch pedal in the way. I was thinking something similar to big reds installation, but protruding door pods can also be a option. Time will tell I suppose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.