Big 3 - Alternative

you can still do the big 3 and upgrade ya battery
Is that possible with battery in the trunk? Doesnt the "Big 3" consist of:

1) Battery negative to chassis

2) Alternator to battery positive

3) Chassis to engine

so....how would i connect the alternator to battery positive? im lost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Is that possible with battery in the trunk? Doesnt the "Big 3" consist of:
1) Battery negative to chassis

2) Alternator to battery positive

3) Chassis to engine

so....how would i connect the alternator to battery positive? im lost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
long line to the rear:fyi:

Same as everyone else does to run the second battery in the trunk or powering an amp. Just go to the positive post of the alternator. Be sure to fuse the wire up front and in the rear.

Would it be better if i were to buy a yellow top and keep my stock battery for my 'Engine?' and the yellow top for my audio? The dimming is so bad i dont even have the bass on anymore, it almost looks like the lights shut completely off

Would it be better if i were to buy a yellow top and keep my stock battery for my 'Engine?' and the yellow top for my audio? The dimming is so bad i dont even have the bass on anymore, it almost looks like the lights shut completely off
you could do that, but you still need to feed the YT with the alt up front so the 1/0 pull has got to happen with or without the YT in there.

You can only run what your weakest link is capable of. What size wire do you have now like 4g? If you want to run more current, you WILL need to upgrade some wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.