biamping componant speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cosmic Charlie
10+ year member

Does anyone have any ideas about what would be a good match in componant speakers to biamp off of a USX-4065. The USX-4065 pushes 65 wrmsx4. Right now I have 4x6 kappa plates and the 6.5 kappa 3 ways being pushed by the amp, but I have an Alpine cda 9813 that I could run the kappas off of the internal amp of, which would free up my USX-4065 for a decent set of componants. Does anyone think this is a bad idea. If so please explain why. What I'm looking for is suggestions on if I should do it, and which comps I should consider. Would the mb quart premiums be overkill, or how about the cdt's on the zeb, the $150ish ones. my budget would be bettween $200 and $300. all suggestions are welcome and appreaciated. Also the crossovers on the USX-4065 are hp12Hz-200Hz and lp40Hz-200Hz, would I need an active crossover to get the proper frequency's to the proper speakers or would the passive crossovers provided with the componants take care of that. Thanks in advance CC (never done comps before)

U have a great head unit and it has a very powerful amp in it.

But i must ask these questions: 1)What kind of sound are u trying to get?

2)Where are the compnents gioing to go?

3)What are kind of car are they going in?

4)What kind of music do u listen to?

- holla back

Well, I like the sound that I'm getting now Sq wise and spl wise w/ the kappas hooked up to the USX but, everyone on this site rave about comps, and since I'm not using the HU internal amp, I was thinking about hooking the kappas to it, and buying a set of decent comps to see what all the hype was about. I thought that if I put a switch on my remote wire I could run kappas alone off the HU, or the comps alone off the USX, or both at the same time. I don't know if I would get cancelation by running both at once but I thought it might sound good. I have a 1988 Chevy G-20 mark 3 van (somewhat custom) I was going to mount the comps up front either in the doors or maybe the trim peice that goes over the doghouse (engine cover). I listen to a variety of music from Grateful Dead to Rage against the machine to van morrison to you name it, mostly rock or classic rock. My low frequency is taken care of with a USX-2100 bridged @ 300wrms pushing a 12" kappa perfect. I just feel that I'm wasting the cda-9813 internal amps. I am a little concerned that the HU amps might clip before I get full power out of my external amps, but I should be able to compensate for that with gain adjustment. Sorry for being so long winded but I would like some input from the experts here on this site. Thanks again CC

what a coincidence, the DEI viper 650.2 r biwireable and r on sale on sounddomain for only $139! reg price is $400! i just bought some a couple days ago and they should be here tomorrow. pretty fast shipping.

you want help from the experts. WTF o so i do not have enough post 4 u. Look at the date i joined *******. u kno what get a car and then holla back us

lmmfao @ a grown man tryin to put comps in a fukin van.

_________^__^_^_^^^_^^^^____________ flatline

dead

Hey,LBX2G Whats your problem I wasn't insinuating that you are not an expert. I just put that in there to give credit to all the wonderful people on this site who help others to find their way through the complicated world of car electronics. You'r not the guy in your avatar, lighten up a bit, grow some thicker skin. I answered every question you asked in your responce to me. Why is it every time I ask a legit question on this site someone with a redhot poker stuck up there a$$ has to come on and ruin the experience for me. I just want some help not a confrontation.PEACE CC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.