bi-wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

awestone05
10+ year member

Awe-Inspiring
alright, i just got back from st. louis and i have been confused to in the few days i was up there. my family went on a little mini-vacation up there and i decided to go to any and every car audio stores i could find. well, when i told a particular salesman (at a respectable store, not best buy or circuit city) about my setup and future plans, he seemed to think he had a better idea. he suggested that since i have an alpine 7998 i should get a 4 chan. amp and not even use the passive x-overs that come with a comp set. he said i should run seperate channels to my tweets and mids. he refered to it as bi-wiring and he seemed to think that would give me the best results. can anybody help me out? thanks!!

well... hmm... u COULD do that.. its simply an alternative.. run the tweets off one channel that uses the amps settings as a xover, and the other channel for mids, using again the amps x over.. or, u could bridge channels, and simply use ur speakers xovers.. I guess maybe he was thinking you can tune the speakers to ur flavor more? Not a bad idea.. up to u.

well, i've already got a two channel amp so i would only have gone to the trouble of changing amps if i thought it would be a significant difference. but it doesn't sound like it would be worth it to me. thanks!!

well, i've already got a two channel amp so i would only have gone to the trouble of changing amps if i thought it would be a significant difference. but it doesn't sound like it would be worth it to me. thanks!!

no problem.. as long as the speaker set is powered correctly, u shouldnt need another amp.. and if u really wanted to "fine tune" ur speakers, ide suggest an equalizer/adj. crossover, not a new amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.