Better SQ with store bought albums compared to IPODs and burnt mixes?

zacritz929

My alpine HU cam e with a nice Ipod cable and Ive always listened to music with it but I listened to a local rappers cd I had and the SQ seemed so much better and the subs sounded clearer and louder. So my ? is are store bought albums going to have better sq?

dependz on where you get your ipod music. Anything downloaded of limewire/frostwire/bear share or whatever will most likely sound worse. Ive always found Cd's to sound better.

yes generally speaking cd's are going to have the best SQ simply because they arent compressed like most mp3's. your best bet is to make sure you are only downloading 320kbs or lossless files and converting them yourself in high quality mp3. i could be wrong, but i believe ipods play flac files....

Better, wow.

That must be a plug-in to EAC that I don't have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If it's EAC highest bitrate encoded it will usually sound exactly like the cd or sometimes better
Better than the source? That's just not possible, at least if we define goodness as minimal deviation from the original. I'm not discounting the possibility of added colorations that may sound more pleasing per individual tastes, but the concept is the opposite of high-fidelity. FWIW, I sometimes use EAC to burn CD copies for the car.

I honestly just put in my iPod adapter a few weeks ago............and maybe have listened to it 10 times. Just no matter what I do, even in lossless can I get the sound of the CD, so I bought my wife an adapter for her car and giving the Ipod to her.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.