Better option for the money than DCS165-4?

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 23, 2019
DFW
I'm looking to build a box for my 2019 F150 crew cab. It'll be going under the rear seat and I want to run 4 6.5" subs. I've always wanted to give Dayton a try and at $40ish each, the DCS165-4 look hard to beat. Are there any others that y'all would recommend for a similar price ($50ish ea). I'll be using my SoundQubed 1200 amp.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
In a vehicle environment, you can do a smaller box than what they recommend for it. The recommended size is .5 I think, but you could drop that down to as low as .25 cubes per sub, port tuning at 38-40 hz.

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 23, 2019
DFW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In a vehicle environment, you can do a smaller box than what they recommend for it. The recommended size is .5 I think, but you could drop that down to as low as .25 cubes per sub, port tuning at 38-40 hz.
Sweet. The box I planned out is about 1.53 cubes and can go a little bigger if needed.

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 23, 2019
DFW
I think I'll see if I can find anything appealing tomorrow for Cyber Monday and will cop that Daytons if I don't find anything.

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 23, 2019
DFW
Do y'all think the Tang Bands would be any better. They're about $14 more per sub. Not too bad.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
Do y'all think the Tang Bands would be any better. They're about $14 more per sub. Not too bad.
They are half the wattage as the Dayton’s, but they have more xmax. I have the tang band 5.25 sub in my shop bluetooth stereo, and the 6.5 inch in my home audio system, and they are awesome. i also used their 3 inch sub for my daughters bluetooth build. I’m super impressed by tang band, if you can’t tell. Lol. i just wish they had a higher power 6.5 inch or 8 inch, and I would be running them myself. As it stands, I’m using the Dayton ultimax 8 in my Jeep, and I also wish Dayton would do a 6.5 inch ultimax. It’s a little beast.

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 23, 2019
DFW
They are half the wattage as the Dayton’s, but they have more xmax. I have the tang band 5.25 sub in my shop bluetooth stereo, and the 6.5 inch in my home audio system, and they are awesome. i also used their 3 inch sub for my daughters bluetooth build. I’m super impressed by tang band, if you can’t tell. Lol. i just wish they had a higher power 6.5 inch or 8 inch, and I would be running them myself. As it stands, I’m using the Dayton ultimax 8 in my Jeep, and I also wish Dayton would do a 6.5 inch ultimax. It’s a little beast.
OK, so it comes down to it and you're placing an order for 4 subs, based on currently available models, whatcha pickin'?

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
I would have to choose the daytons. Double the power will get louder, and Dayton’s are just as quality of s product as the tang bands. In home audio, i would go tang band all day.

Reactions: 4BangerStanger

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds