Better???? Kicks or Pods???

Which is BETTTTTERRR!!!!

• KICK IT!!!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • iPOD!!!!!!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Depends on your vehicle, and what you want to install.

Some installs really prefer one or the other, or it'll depend on what you want to use for equipment...

Depends on your vehicle, and what you want to install.
Some installs really prefer one or the other, or it'll depend on what you want to use for equipment...
Yea ok...can we really step out of this "Politically Correctness"

I know what you mean, your right and all....but lets get down to the nitty gritty here.....

Ok so let me explain what i'm looking for.

2007 Nissan Maxima.....not sure if that will help you....

I'm planning on getting those LMS 4100 from TC, RF T40001bd to push em...

I basically want something that will "keep up". The Bose won't cut it.

Not sure of what brand of speakers i'm gonna go with, but what i'd like to know is

Which setup would produve the best reproduction of sound?

Lets leave out the "depends" part, just for a lil.

Personally, I've never been a fan of kickpanels, even in an automatic without a clutch to worry about. I like having a dead pedal. So you have ergonomic issues as much as acoustic ones.

The "best" reproduction of sound? Anything's possible, the only limit is how much fiberglassing you want to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm gonna go out on a limb hear , and say short of horns . Your going to have a hard time building a front stage to keep up with a couple subs and 4kw. Personal opinion mids in kicks , mid basses in doors , tweets either in the kicks or a pillars . But testing needs to be done in the actual vehicle . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

personally........i think your little poll up top is a bit retarded.........ya pretty much.

and does it REALLY make a difference where it is if its IMAGED RIGHT.....cmon man, think.

I'm gonna go out on a limb hear , and say short of horns . Your going to have a hard time building a front stage to keep up with a couple subs and 4kw. Personal opinion mids in kicks , mid basses in doors , tweets either in the kicks or a pillars . But testing needs to be done in the actual vehicle . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yea i was thinking of spliting em up like that also

personally........i think your little poll up top is a bit retarded.........ya pretty much.

and does it REALLY make a difference where it is if its IMAGED RIGHT.....cmon man, think.
Ummm... That's the whole point for the question....

Which allows for better imaging....

One would be closer to the ear (pods) kics farther away... YOU see the difference?

Sure u can align em to have the same imaging, i'm sure that's possible, but i'm looking for BETTER

And i'd care more to hear about ppls preference and their reasoning behind it as to why they like kicks or pods, and vice versa.

Heres something for ya to nibble on . If you want a two seat stage ( good image from both front seats ) your going to have to make every effort possible to get pld's ( path length distance , distance between listeners ear and the speaker) as close to being equal as possible . The closer you get to equal pld's with your mids ( most important) the better. Get the path lengths right , then comes the aiming. If your just interested in the drivers seat, pld's aren't that big of a concern , as you can remedy the problem with time alignment. Time alignment will screw th passengers stage . No biggie if your after the drivers seat only //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good 2-ways aimed at you (on-axis) can produce tons of output.

But can also shift the stage to the speaker closest to the listener //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I will chime in here. It will depend on the products that you use. I have a 05 Max and I feel that doing kicks would be a great idea you will like the out come. As for the tweets that is a great debate. You need to test that and see what you find pleasing. Many installers that build a lot of SQ cars like the tweet in the kick and crossed over at about 2.5-3k versus the a pillar. Some like tweets in both spots with the ones in the a pillars crossed really high to help bring your stage up. But they all say that depends on how you angle the tweet in the kick.

The loudest 2way 'set' with a conventional tweeter that I could think of in a 6th Gen Max is the Powerline CS.

Horn setup simply is the loudest, more efficient 2way configuration you could muster.

Then theres the 3way ...3 drivers per side, possibility is endless and the install is key. Forgive the political correctness but it does comes down to what drivers you use, the space they need, and their dispersion characteristics.

The 6th gen has a very nice dash for a-pillar tweets, and door mounted midbass with kick mounted midranges works very well.

I see lots of dish towels, velcro , and listening time in your future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Midbass driver in door(well deadened i might add), midrange in kicks with good aiming, and tweets in kick or door. Having TA would help out with PDL and all and overall aiming. What other equipment are you using.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...