Best Way To Wire My Subs

ianlaliberte

Hi any help appreciated.

This is what I got. Found some old equipment that is brand new just need help with the best way to wire the subs.

2 12" Kicker Comp C12

going to

1200 watt Sony Xplod 2/1 channel amp

Comps are 4ohm

What is the best wiring. Diagram would help. I obviously want the most boom for my buck

Thanks

Hi any help appreciated.
This is what I got. Found some old equipment that is brand new just need help with the best way to wire the subs.

2 12" Kicker Comp C12

going to

1200 watt Sony Xplod 2/1 channel amp

Comps are 4ohm

What is the best wiring. Diagram would help. I obviously want the most boom for my buck

Thanks
those are svc 4 ohm subs.. ive ran a pair of c10s in the past..2 ohms for a pair

If its a 2ch amp that's bridgeable to 1 channel than you will need to hook each sub to a separate channel. Each channel can handle down to a 2ohm load, but bridged it can only handle a 4ohm load, so if you wire them together and bridge the amp you will fry the amp.

those subs actually get pretty decently loud and do great in sealed enclosures..like 1.8 sealed each
I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500. I bought a Qbox enclosure for under the back seat. This is what it says about the box.

Q Bomb Dodge 12 4 Door .65cu 6" Depth

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

So the 2ohm will be safe? And will the low end be good?

Others are saying 2ohm what the difference e going to 1ohm? Do I get better bass? Will it be safe?

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Someone else mentioned 1 ohm. What's the difference?

You have to wire each channel to a sub. Your only option is going to be to run at 4 ohms. The upper bass will be ok. But you won't have a deep low end.
^^^right. your amp is not 2ohm (bridged) or even 1ohm stable, you will ruin the amp. one sub per channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.