Best way to wire 3 subs to 2 amps??

95lincdog

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 identical amps, sony xm zr 1852, they r 2 channel bridge able to one, they're not 2 ohm stable when bridged. All of my subs are 4 ohm dvc, right now I have two kicker 12"s, wired to 8 ohms each to an amp bridged to one channel. I just got an 8" dc audio that is also 4 ohm dvc. The amps are 2 ohm stable as 2 channel. What's the best way to add in the new sub if any? The 8" is more powerful than my current 12" kickers (seperately) the 8" is 600rms and the kickers are 400rms each. Thanks

Ok thanks. So if anything just another 12"? Or?
Don't mix and match subs. Also, why would you want to add another? You won't gain much and your power will be all off with the two amps. If anything, get two more identical subs and run them off the other amp.

That's assuming you have the enclosure space for 4 12's and the electrical for both amps.

I'd just save up and start fresh instead though..

Don't mix and match subs. Also, why would you want to add another? You won't gain much and your power will be all off with the two amps. If anything, get two more identical subs and run them off the other amp.
That's assuming you have the enclosure space for 4 12's and the electrical for both amps.

I'd just save up and start fresh instead though..
I do have the space, 95 Lincoln town car trunk is huge. But, I think I might start over, where should I start? Amp?

I do have the space, 95 Lincoln town car trunk is huge. But, I think I might start over, where should I start? Amp?
Do you have a budget in mind and what are you trying to accomplish?

Right, budget is important. Also, you'll have to do electrical upgrades when you start getting high power amplifiers. Everyone forgets that in their budget

Do you have a budget in mind and what are you trying to accomplish?
What am I trying to accomplish? I don't really know specifically how u want me to answer that. I'm not trying to go into a competition or anything, I guess just to be able to hear it from down the street. And budget wise, it might take me awhile to save up for things but I'm ok with being patient and doing it peice by peice. I don't want to waste any more money on cheap off brand stuff I won't be happy with. If I had to say a price, probably $500 tops on an amp. Should I start with electrical upgrades first?

What am I trying to accomplish? I don't really know specifically how u want me to answer that. I'm not trying to go into a competition or anything, I guess just to be able to hear it from down the street. And budget wise, it might take me awhile to save up for things but I'm ok with being patient and doing it peice by peice. I don't want to waste any more money on cheap off brand stuff I won't be happy with. If I had to say a price, probably $500 tops on an amp. Should I start with electrical upgrades first?
Go to soundqubed.com probably best bang for your buck.

They have good subs AND amps? I heard some companies are with one but not the other. Thanks btw
The company use to be audioque but they changed there name for legal reasons. And I use to run one of there 2200ds and lived it. I also hear nothing but good things about their subs. I like dc and fi that is what I am use to running I just recently got so sa8s to try. So I can't vouch for soundqubed subs. But I'm sure somone can.

The company use to be audioque but they changed there name for legal reasons. And I use to run one of there 2200ds and lived it. I also hear nothing but good things about their subs. I like dc and fi that is what I am use to running I just recently got so sa8s to try. So I can't vouch for soundqubed subs. But I'm sure somone can.
I was looking at 2200d. What sub(s) did u have hooked up to it? Does it need an extra battery? Also my alt is only a 95a. Will that need upgraded?

I was looking at 2200d. What sub(s) did u have hooked up to it? Does it need an extra battery? Also my alt is only a 95a. Will that need upgraded?
I had a dc lvl 4xl on it with an upgraded alternator and a second battery.

I had a dc lvl 4xl on it with an upgraded alternator and a second battery.
I think I'll start with the alternator upgrade first. Any good brands? Brands to stay away from? I have a Lincoln so I'll need ford parts. I'm guessing summit racing is the spot to shop for one? And Thanks everyone for ur help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.