best way to get 18-40 hz out of 2 sa-12's, suggestions

ROSSOVER HIGH PASS (HPF)10Hz ~ 90Hz (-12dB/8ª) Variable
CROSSOVER LOW PASS (LPF)90Hz ~ 10KHz (-12dB/8ª) Variable
BASS BOOSTFreq.: 35Hz ~ 55Hz Boost: 0 ~ +10dB
EFFICIENCY79%
so are you saying the amp repair guy was wrong and 10-90 hz is indeed my high pass? not a low pass? and set it to 25hz approx?

that would mean It can't cross over below 90hz at the amp which is weird.

it was weird because when I set it to cross over at 80hz the subs played but music was coming through. I couldnt get the music to go away until I set the lpf on the head unit.
it's hard to find english info on this amp
Idk those amps but ya... 25hz ought to be a good ssf to start... the box is sized to be slightly peaky low-tuned as U requested. In a Suv it should hammer imo.
4,6ft3 tuned under 30hz will lose but should dig

Idk those amps but ya... 25hz ought to be a good ssf to start... the box is sized to be slightly peaky low-tuned as U requested. In a Suv it should hammer imo.
4,6ft3 tuned under 30hz will lose but should dig
Yeah I appreciate it. High pass is set to 80hz right now and it still kicks hard so idk who is right. I guess if I turn it down to 25 and it kicks harder you are right and it's a high pass. And if it stops kicking hard above 35hz its my low pass.
I love everything about this box untill it hits 23hz.so thanks for the design. I could just be expecting too much for the power and cone area I have.

Hp is your ssf on that amp... lower it. (25?)
I'd use the HU only for lp if possible. (80?)
Can someone explain this better?
yeah I was just posting an update when you wrote this. I did some looking around and that amp repair guy was talking out of his ass. I turned HPF to 10hz and LPF to 90hz(as low as it goes) and kicks got way more power, low bass is a little louder and ALOT cleaner. I'm gonna re adjust my gain with HPF set to 10hz. then I'll check where I'm unloading with sweeps and play with the hpf untill I'm maximizing volume without over excursion.

I have the taramps md5000 and idk about the filter dials being opposite... not on mine but i just play it on full"lpf all the way up and hpf all the way down" and that seem to give me a full range signal then i use the filters on the dsp.I never really had a reason to use the ssf/hpf on my subs and my box is tune at 31.....and i listen to alot of rebass music...

I have the taramps md5000 and idk about the filter dials being opposite... not on mine but i just play it on full"lpf all the way up and hpf all the way down" and that seem to give me a full range signal then i use the filters on the dsp.I never really had a reason to use the ssf/hpf on my subs and my box is tune at 31.....and i listen to alot of rebass music...
because they arent, he was talking out of his ass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.