best way to dynamat the doors

randomwalk101
10+ year member

From looking at a lot of pics, most dynamat their car's doors on the inner side (side that is closest to the plastic panel cover). I know a few people dynamated the door skin (right next to the glass)..however is very though to reach in there.

Which is a better method to dynamat? What is more effective in term of sound deadening?

that is how it is gone propper is it is metal it needs rubber stuck to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D ya get wha i mean

check out my site for pics. basically just put it everywhere there's metal. make sure u don't block the way of anything

I just finished damping my entire truck.

Each door got about 40 sq feet of Damplifier //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

3 layers on inner door skin (thin metal close to outside of the car)

2 layers reverse of outer door skin (backside of part door panel attaches to)

2-3 layers on front of outer door skin.

I also used 1 layer of closed cell foam, and 1 layer of carpet padding on the inner skin and reverse outer skin. I used a material similar to Damplifier (only sticky on both sides) to attach the foam to the doors.

I recommend putting the material everywhere you can, as long as you can still put your door back together and have it work right.

Email me if you have any questions.

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.