Best way to brace a box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RiceWagon
10+ year member

Just starting to build my ported 2.75 cu/ft box for my 12d HCCA and was worried about flex so I think bracing it would be the right to go. What way of internally bracing the box would be best? I figured 2" wide strips of left over MDF with angle cut ends should do the trick. If I'm wrong in doing this please call me a dumbass. I've made quite a few boxes before but this will be my first heavy duty one... so I don't want to F*&^ it up! Thanx in advance.

Mark

Originally posted by RiceWagon Just starting to build my ported 2.75 cu/ft box for my 12d HCCA and was worried about flex so I think bracing it would be the right to go. What way of internally bracing the box would be best? I figured 2" wide strips of left over MDF with angle cut ends should do the trick. If I'm wrong in doing this please call me a dumbass. I've made quite a few boxes before but this will be my first heavy duty one... so I don't want to F*&^ it up! Thanx in advance.

Mark
That would work...but you're gonna have to take in consideration the volume that the braces take up...
You can find a brace calculator on

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm

Thanks alot for the advice... This site is great I've only posted 2 questions so far and I have gotten straight forward quality advice and answers almost immediatly. A first class forum with some very knowledgable members. This site is now bookmarked on my browser so unfortunatly you people will have to deal with me on a regular basis. Thanks again! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Mark

Originally posted by RiceWagon This site is now bookmarked on my browser so unfortunatly you people will have to deal with me on a regular basis. Thanks again! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Mark
****!!!
I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with you....

Lol, j/k man. Yeah, this is a great forum, very knowledgable people here and a lot of nice guys...

Woo Hoo another hcca guy!!!! Your idea for internal bracing will work just fine. Just be sure to do what snova said! What amp are you planning on running that 12 with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.