Best value shallow component speakers? [for Toyota Yaris]

Participant count
  • Participant list

maltaudio
10+ year member

Hi

Im new to the forum. Just had a small question. Can you guys recommend me a good value set of shallow component speakers. I own an 02 Toyota Yaris (a small car) and the maximum mounting depth it allows in the door speakers is around 58mm. The door speakers are 6.5' (17cm) and the dash speakers are 4' (10cm).

Ideally I would like to spend no more than $200-250. I live in Malta in Europe and the price of car audio equipment here is almost criminal, so I would be buying all items online. If I need a small amp to power the speakers, please recommend me one as well.

Please keep in mind that I am new to car audio and learning along the way.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sonic, i researched that set you recommended. They are too deep for my Yaris //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

What do you guys think about the Kenwood KFC-X1730P?

2-way separate component speaker package

16cm oversized Carbon-glass fiber Hybrid cone

25mm soft dome tweeter

Swivel tweeter for flush or surface mounting

High Quality, compact size, crossover Network

330W Peak Input Power

Low distortion magnetic circuit

Mounting Depth 58mm

Hi guys, I came across some

Infinity Kappa 65.7cs

Hertz Space K6L

Alpine Type R SPR-60C

CDT Audio EU-61NEO

What do you think? I read the midrange & midbass in the hertz is lacking, as is in the CDT. Don't know much about the other two.

Seems you cant get a decent set of shallow component speakers without compromising on sound quality :/

no midrange lack in my cdt speakers..they actually sound fantastic!the hertz sound excellent as long as you have the power, and a clean amp to run,like a zapco,or a good zed amp.you buy a cheap amp,and put on them,they will sound like garbage.you can get a good used zed amp for $150,and they will come alive with power,along with clarity/low distortion..i have several amps that are in and under that range that will make them sound amazing.id go with cdt,the hertz are real sensitive.even to little distortion.cdt not so much.jbl make some great speakers @2ohms that sound great also.noy sure about slim,havent looked yet but the 6.5 i put in my friends gradprix sound great.i havent heard the alpine type r,but supposed to be good.infinity are great for stock replacements,with approx 50-70rms,that i have experienced,but do sound good,as well as polk..polk momo,sound amazing with good clean power.just what ive experienced,and have stuck with the cdt.

No sir ..far from shallow mount,sorry to say...I have these up front=http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9700-hd-63it-cdt-audio-hd-65-2-way-braxial-component-set.aspx

These in the rears,soon to come up front to take the spot of a Polk MM 100 rms woofer,and a 100 rms Infinity Tweeter=http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4596-cl-61a-25-pro-cdt-audio-classic-65-2-way-component-speakers.aspx

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

WoofersEtc.com - CL-61A-25 PRO - CDT Audio Classic 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9700-hd-63it-cdt-audio-hd-65-2-way-braxial-component-set.aspx

thanks for all your suggestions. I hadnt heard of those Massive Audio comps before (SK 6 Stage II).

But now am unsure which one to get! Hertz, CDT, Polk,MA or even the Focal 165-VRS. wish I had a shop like Fry's close to me to listen to all these systems!

What set would you say is best for a small car (Yaris, think its called an Echo in the US)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.