HERTZ HSK 165 VS. McIntosh MSS630

I can't speak for the Mcintosh as I have never heard them. I do however have the Hertz HSK165's. The are a phenomenal speaker. They are better than JL and would put them against Focals as well. They need a little power and good signal to reach their potential. You won't be disappointed. I listen to all genres of music and they perform well across the board. The price seems about right as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING...I was starting to think this fourm is biased against new members.

Well I went to a shop and he was recomending Morel virtus 605 its the 6 1/2 components and a lower step down coaxals for the back door. I havent had the chance to hear the hertz HSK 165 but everyone Im talking to is saying there great. Has anyone hurd the Morel virtus? I thought they sounded good but I have a feeling the hertz are better even though he said there not. I mean this guy should have been a rep for Morel.

Also too Im looking at this amp JL Audio HD Series HD600/4

I used to run the Hertz HV-165s on DD T2 tweets. I loved the sound of them but they lacked in the midbass area IMO. I switched to a set of CDT HD61s and love them, the tweets are a little harsher but the midbass and depth to there sound is great.

Your going to want the refrence line of whatever brand you go with. if you have the funds the Hertz mille is amazing. its the loudest refrence set I have ever heard. hybrid make a high end refrence also. JL C5s but they wont excell in the output department.

The amp would be plenty to run any of the speakers you have mentioned. It is a good amp. I installed the JL C5's in my car with the C2 5x7 coaxil and it sounds great. I even pulled the C5's out yesterday and put in a pair of Focal K2 and pulled them bacl out after an hour. The C5's sounded better,the tweeters were to harsh in the Focal. As for the other sets I have not heard them so no idea. But I have always heard good things about morel. And as for infiniti they always seem to bright and never have enough lwer end to them always high end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.